Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Ramirez Tested Tough, Wins Majority Nod Over Jose Zepeda

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lolpz View Post
    He won that pretty clearly in my eyes to be completely honest.

At worst a draw. Close but clear.
    No ****ing way, man.

I'm fan of Zepeda and i watched him since 6 years but he did not do enought to win.

Zepeda schooled Ramírez in the first part of the fight but then he gassed out.

Zepeda always had issues with his stamina.

It's a shame because he has a lot of skills and good defense with good power in both hands.

It was a very close fight but Ramírez deserved it 115-113.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
      I think as long as Ramirez continues to sell tickets in Fresno, Arum will keep him as far away from Bud as possible. Because what Bud’s gonna do to him will severely damage his ability to be a draw, even in his hometown. Arum will tease a Bud fight. But I think it’s much more likely that Ramirez is keeping a belt warm for Lomachenko whenever Vasiliy decides to make the move to 40.
      If Crawford ever gets a hold of Ramirez it will be a bloodbath. They best keep Ramirez far away. A fight between him and Crawford would be disastrous for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
        No I just said I had it a draw, but i'm glad Ramirez won because I like his style better. That was no robbery for sure. How did you score it?
        I had it a draw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
          I had it 7-5 Zepeda as the fight was about to finish but that last rally from Ramirez made me ok with a draw since he is the champion, but either way he didn't look good at all and didn't deserve the win thats for sure. If he fights Prograis like that he is going to have an early night way more power than Zepeda and just as awkward I think Ramirez needs to stay away from the southpaws looked lost for the first 4 rounds.
          No ****ing way.

Prograis fights in slow motion.

Zepeda has good speed and way better defense than Prograis. And is smarter.

Prograis has a mediocre defense and is slow as fu.ck.

Ramírez vs Prograis is 50/50 fight.

Comment

• Ramirez would have a tougher time with Taylor than Prograis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
              And I scored each and every round and still had it 115-113 Ramirez and was ok with the other 2 cards as well
              Oh, I was fine with the decision as well. I had it a draw but said after the fight Ramirez looked like the winner. He controlled the second half of the fight. I misread his post in saying he was good with Ramirez winning since he was rooting for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingTrav View Post
                Zepeda reminded me of Sergio at times in there. A very man's version of sure
                Yeah, he did a beauty job.

But he has issues with stamina, thats a shame because he is a great boxer and has a very good IQ.

He was the #1 sparring of Floyd in the training camp to fight Pacquiao.

And that L against Flanagan was a sh.it

He won the first round, in the second minute of the second round he had an injury in the shoulder.

It was a clear No Contest but they gave the title to Flanagan because he was the local fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                  Oh, I was fine with the decision as well. I had it a draw but said after the fight Ramirez looked like the winner. He controlled the second half of the fight. I misread his post in saying he was good with Ramirez winning since he was rooting for him.
                  Was a really good fight.

Comment

• Ramirez is a basic fighter. He gets smoked by Taylor and prograis

Comment

• Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                      No ****ing way, man.

I'm fan of Zepeda and i watched him since 6 years but he did not do enought to win.

Zepeda schooled Ramírez in the first part of the fight but then he gassed out.

Zepeda always had issues with his stamina.

It's a shame because he has a lot of skills and good defense with good power in both hands.

It was a very close fight but Ramírez deserved it 115-113.
                      Zepeda won 4 of the first 5, then one in between, followed by the 10th and 11th. Possibly even the 9th as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X