No announcement yet.

Is Floyd trying to age Loma?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
    Yeah there's no rush to make good match ups, lets just enjoy watching him beat bums and mma fighters for a few years to minimise any risk of a loss. Thats what real hardcore boxing fans support.
    Like when your love interest (ggg) was crushing one no hopes after another and you were creating thread after thread about how he would beat Hagler, Monzon, and Robinson? That kinda of real hardcore boxing can support?

Comment

Of course if they want to make a Tank / Loma
      Fight they’ll try and age Loma as much as possible with his name still holding some weight

I just doubt that a Tank / Loma fight ever happens. Let’s be honest if any fighter gets to scalp a aged Loma , It’ll be a young Top Rank guy to do it.

I doubt Arum would be willing let A fighter who doesn’t have signed be the guy to skin Loma and let a guy he has no interest in benefit from Lomas name

Comment

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
        Of course, that's what Floyd did with Pacquiao. Everyone predicted more than a year ago that he'd try the same thing with Loma.

Also lol @ him calling Loma "very, very old." Dude's only pushing 31. Knowing Floyd, he probably thinks 31 is only a few years away from 40.
        And then whenever a smart person pointed out that Floyd is older Pacquiao, Pac fanboys would start blabbering on about Floyd's style allowed him to age slower and other ****. Now Loma is being compared to Floyd. A poster above me just said this is similar to the Floyd/Pac saga, but Loma is Floyd and Davis is Pac. So why does it matter if the fight happens now or two years later? Loma should still have advantage, right? Or... it's possible some of y'all are scared of Tanks potential and want the fight to happen as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          Good post but the difference then was they both had other quality opposition to fight until they finally ran out of options and had no choice.

Lomachenko and Davis have basically nobody that moves the needle unless either one fight Mikey at 135. 130 is a solid division but nobody has a big name and 135 is pretty much Lomachenko, Commey, and now Teofimo Lopez. We don't know where mikey will end up after he gets beat up next month.

These guys should be fighting in 2020 at 135. Tank can't comfortably make 130, I think that's obvious after the last few fights and Lomachenko is at his limit it looks like. If Garcia comes back, Lopez ends up being what he could be and tank moves up, the division will be loaded and have great fights available later this year or early next.
          Great post!!! Absolutely agree with everything you said!

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
            Not surprised Mayweather is running his bumsquad promotion like his own career.
            Sad but true

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
              Yes he's trying to age him out, it's the tried and true American method.
              I guess Hearn and Joshua took over the method

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                Wait, don't all u come on here and say Canelo was too young and green when an old Floyd dominated him? But now are asking a young Tank with less than 20 fights take on a prime Loma? Double standards? Ppl on here don't even want Munguia to step cause he's too young
                tank is older than Munguia and than Canelo was lol.

Comment

I don't think he's trying to age Loma at all. I do think he wants to wait until Tank is a bigger name though. Think about Floyd's interests here. He wants max profits out of this. Davis has been inactive, doesn't really have much of a fan base. The fans look at him and see he's physically ready, but the promoter is looking at whether the financial potential is prime, and it's not yet.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                    Or does he not want to work with Arum and espn?

"We're not going to call any particular fighter out, and it's not like we're ducking and dodging anyone. Lomachenko has to fight as many fights as possible, extremely quick, because he's very, very old. Tank is like 10 years or 11 years younger than Lomachenko. Lomachenko will be 40 before you know it," Mayweather said.

"There is no rush. Tank just has to keep doing what he's doing. [Davis] is making the same money that Lomachenko is making - and [Davis] is doing it easier. Lomachenko is a hell of a fighter and I like Lomachenko. But after Tank went and beat the champion up [Jose Pedraza], Lomachenko went and beat Tank's leftovers and he went the distance.

Every fight since 130 its the same thing “There’s no rush to fight Loma”
                    He is trying to age Davis, 22 fights no amateur career and he is at this level, I know exactly what Floyd is trying to do and its not easy because the public and media want to push Tank to the very top straight away.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
                      Yeah there's no rush to make good match ups, lets just enjoy watching him beat bums and mma fighters for a few years to minimise any risk of a loss. Thats what real hardcore boxing fans support.
                      you would know...youve supported golovkin for years

Comment

Working...
                      X