Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dillian Whyte Has Turned Down 3rd AJ Offer Over £5m/ $7M, Miller Fight Is Now Being P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dillian Whyte Has Turned Down 3rd AJ Offer Over £5m/ $7M, Miller Fight Is Now Being P

Whyte has turned down latest offer reported more than 7mil US calling it a lowball offer.. If 7mil is low ball, what would be a reasonable offer, 10mil?? Really??!! It’s a voluntary defence for a shot at the unified world titles for multiple millions.

All these guys saying AJ and Hearn are low balling but they offered 60/40 to Fury and Wilder and 7mil to Whyte which would be his highest payday yet.. I think these are very fair splits and they are all out pricing themselves.

He knows Hearn fuked both himself and AJ and is desperate for a fight. Wilder and a Fury are making money with each other. They don't need aj at the moment. That leaves Whyte as the best potential profit, so Whyte is of course going to bend them over a barrel. IMO, they'll make more money giving him 10M for a UK fight than whatever Miller is willing to take because no one really cares about Miller yet.

I don't think much of Whyte but he's playing this wisely.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      He knows Hearn fuked both himself and AJ and is desperate for a fight. Wilder and a Fury are making money with each other. They don't need aj at the moment. That leaves Whyte as the best potential profit, so Whyte is of course going to bend them over a barrel. IMO, they'll make more money giving him 10M for a UK fight than whatever Miller is willing to take because no one really cares about Miller yet.

I don't think much of Whyte but he's playing this wisely.
      Played it wisely? He just turned down 7mil and now won’t get the fight next. He probably won’t get an offer like that again. If AJ fights the Wilder Fury winner in his next fight and becomes undisputed, no one will have anything to offer AJ and they’ll have to take whatever AJ offers if they want a chance to become undisputed.

Fury is much bigger name than Whyte and he’s an undefeated ex unified champ who got 8mil against Wilder in one of the biggest fights at heavyweight.. Why on earth would Whyte get more than Fury got.

Comment

It's ridiculous. You didn't/don't see fighters demanding so much from other fighters that are draws. Broner got $2.6 mil to fight Pacquiao, but Whyte is turning down $7 mil. ****ing crazy.

Comment

It depends. Is it fair if Whyte is making 7 million if Joshua is taking home 25 or 30 million or more? It's got nothing to do with "oh, this is more than I've earned for any fight so far," it's about what the fair slice of the pie is. Instead of offering a flat fee, just offer a reasonable percentage - for Whyte, something like 30% would be fair. I don't know why Hearn fails to get this - it's no wonder he can't get a fight made.

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
            It depends. Is it fair if Whyte is making 7 million if Joshua is taking home 25 or 30 million or more? It's got nothing to do with "oh, this is more than I've earned for any fight so far," it's about what the fair slice of the pie is. Instead of offering a flat fee, just offer a reasonable percentage - for Whyte, something like 30% would be fair. I don't know why Hearn fails to get this - it's no wonder he can't get a fight made.
            Of course it's fair. Joshua is the draw. Just like how Pacquiao got a 20 mil guarantee and Broner got 2.6 mil.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
              Played it wisely? He just turned down 7mil and now won’t get the fight next. He probably won’t get an offer like that again. If AJ fights the Wilder Fury winner in his next fight and becomes undisputed, no one will have anything to offer AJ and they’ll have to take whatever AJ offers if they want a chance to become undisputed.

Fury is much bigger name than Whyte and he’s an undefeated ex unified champ who got 8mil against Wilder in one of the biggest fights at heavyweight.. Why on earth would Whyte get more than Fury got.
              You're expecting me to think you know better than Whyte or how manager. That petty much sums up NSB in a nutshell and why I can't take anyone here seriously.

Comment

Dillian Whyte made more than $5.25m fighting Dereck Chisora. Eddie Hearn was talking about the possibility of breaking the post-war UK record of fitting 100,000 into Wembley Stadium for an AJ fight against Wilder, Fury or Whyte a month or two ago. So this fight would be massive, no doubt. If Whyte took this $7m offer and made around 33% more than his last fight, give or take a few percent. Then AJ and Hearn stand to make a good 60%+ more than their biggest ever payday. Talking an extra $10-20m extra for them. Do you think it makes sense from this standpoint for Dillian? You are right, they could give Dillian $10m and still have a massive payday for themselves.

Why not find a number that gives them a similar % increase in pay, would that not be fairer? Say... $8.5m to $9m for Dillian, and AJ would still be getting a 50% increase on his biggest payday? The fact it's took Dillian to reject two offers for them to even offer him a number worth thinking about tells you all you need to know. I hate talking about money in boxing, but a lot of people on here don't seem to think logically. People should just snap AJ's hand off for "da opatunidee". Dillian Whyte is a force in his own right. Hearn and AJ need to be careful because they're gonna end up with none of the big names entertaining them. Who comes after Jarrell Miller, if not Fury, Whyte or Wilder?

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                  Dillian Whyte made more than $5.25m fighting Dereck Chisora. Eddie Hearn was talking about the possibility of breaking the post-war UK record of fitting 100,000 into Wembley Stadium for an AJ fight against Wilder, Fury or Whyte a month or two ago. So this fight would be massive, no doubt. If Whyte took this $7m offer and made around 33% more than his last fight, give or take a few percent. Then AJ and Hearn stand to make a good 60%+ more than their biggest ever payday. Talking an extra $10-20m extra for them. Do you think it makes sense from this standpoint for Dillian? You are right, they could give Dillian $10m and still have a massive payday for themselves.

Why not find a number that gives them a similar % increase in pay, would that not be fairer? Say... $8.5m to $9m for Dillian, and AJ would still be getting a 50% increase on his biggest payday? The fact it's took Dillian to reject two offers for them to even offer him a number worth thinking about tells you all you need to know. I hate talking about money in boxing, but a lot of people on here don't seem to think logically. People should just snap AJ's hand off for "da opatunidee". Dillian Whyte is a force in his own right. Hearn and AJ need to be careful because they're gonna end up with none of the big names entertaining them. Who comes after Jarrell Miller, if not Fury, Whyte or Wilder?
                  WTF are you talking about? A Whyte fight doesn't get anywhere near Joshua's biggest payday.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    WTF are you talking about? A Whyte fight doesn't get anywhere near Joshua's biggest payday.
                    Dillian Whyte is a PPV star in his own right. He is tied at 1-1 with your God, AJ. The story is made more intriguing by Dillian showing unimaginable improvement since their first fight, while AJ has looked stale and robotic. 100,000 in Wembley stadium and two UK PPV stars going at it on probably AJ's highest ever grossing PPV? Yea I'm pretty sure that would be AJ's biggest payday.

Comment

Working...
                    X