No announcement yet.

Broner: "After I f*** this asian up."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
    Keeping it real....as a black man, when I think about how I would feel if a white man said this....

I'm like...Manny better not let us down. Fvvck this ignorant piece of shlt up.

"All Power to All the People."

what if i say this to your face i'll fuck up this over sensitive phaggot.

are you gonna get mad? it's true, right?

Comment

Originally posted by CineScape View Post
      No..actually it’s NOT the same. Black isn’t an ethnicity EITHER. It would be the same if Pac said “I’m gonna fvc k this AFRICAN up.”
      Erm, you're wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_a...nic_categories

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
        That's exactly my point.

Do I believe he is a racist? Nope.

But keeping it absolutely real with myself.....if other races said this....I'd want him to get ****ed up.

I was high when I saw this. And I thought nothing of it at first...but then I stopped in my tracks and rewinded it. Then I came to that conclusion.

I also just finished watching Blackkklansman. lol. Maybe that had something to do with it.
        Oh Broner is a racist no doubt about it.

Fuucckkk that cunntt

Comment

Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post
          what if i say this to your face i'll fuck up this over sensitive phaggot.

are you gonna get mad? it's true, right?
          What if I said your goal for this year is to get your GED.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
            Oh Broner is a racist no doubt about it.

Fuucckkk that cunntt
            He very well could be. He certainly can't blame anyone for believing that when he speaks this way.

Comment

Originally posted by dannnnn View Post
              That's not the same thing. Broner is calling Pacquiao by his ethnicity, not his nationality.

The equivalent would be Pacquiao (or anybody) saying: "I'm gonna **** this black guy up".
              Doesn't sound so nice does it? I'm sure there would be a lot of people angered by that and rightly so, same as the controversy around Hopkins after his "I'll never let a white boy beat me" comments.

Don't play dumb like you don't see the issue here.
              Was just about to say the same thing, bravo.

Comment

That's not the same thing. Broner is calling Pacquiao by his ethnicity, not his nationality.

The equivalent would be Pacquiao (or anybody) saying: "I'm gonna **** this black guy up".
                Doesn't sound so nice does it? I'm sure there would be a lot of people angered by that and rightly so, same as the controversy around Hopkins after his "I'll never let a white boy beat me" comments.

Don't play dumb like you don't see the issue here.
                The Hopkins quote was the first thing that came to mind when I saw this.

Thing is, Calzaghe wasn't upset or outraged. He said that he was thrilled because he knew the fight would now get made!

Back in the day, boxing promoters threw race around. Think of Cooney/Holmes. They did it because it sold fights.

Nowadays we're a bit more politically correct. So the promoters slightly veil their racial statements. But they still do it. Even the Fury/Wilder promos had Fury in black gear and Wilder in white gear.

Slightly subliminal but it's still there, and it still sells fights even if people won't admit it.

Broner's comment isn't racist. He just called him Asian, which is true. But he knows what he was doing. And people are talking about it.

Comment

I doubt Broner is racist, he just talks sht. Some of you use that term too loosely around here. Racist jokes are my favorite but that dont mean Im racist either.

Broner doesnt make me laugh because his delivery sucks but im not bothered at all by him.

Comment

its not bad, just aggressive.

If it was about americans repeating terms that they used when they were enslaving/encroaching on a racial group, then its understandable as evil...because that time was.

c'mon hopkins and joe both knew they were trying to sell a fight that looked a dud on paper, and was crap and embarrassing in reality whichever way the razor thin decision had gone.

Broner should be equally embarrassed that hes facing a 40 year old man as a career highlight, fortunately hes not claiming its his career highlight like joe does.
                    Last edited by DreamFighter; 01-10-2019, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Actually you are wrong. Black isn’t an ethnicity. African would be an ethnicity. Tito Trinidad is Black, but his ethnicity is HISPANIC. Ortiz is black, but his ethnicity is HISPANIC. Ortiz’s NATIONALITY is Cuban. Trinidad’s NATIONALITY is Puerto Rican.

If you want to get technical, They are BOTH of African descent, which would be ethnicity. There is no ethnicity as white either. That would be European and other ethnic minority groups.

White, Black, etc are racial classification specifiers. If you don’t understand that, I don’t know what else to tell you.

Comment

Working...
                      X