No announcement yet.

Charlo beat Korobov easily. 9-3.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King_ View Post
    You don't win fights by landing one straight-left every couple of minutes. Charlo out-jabbed Korobov by like a 5-1 ratio. He pressed the action. He hurt him in the 12th. He was the aggressor. He threw and landed more. And he even landed more power punches. Korobov was slicker, but with no purpose. All of his movement was wasted because he didn't launch any punches in return.

I had it 9-3 Charlo, but I can understand the 119-108. The judges who had this 116-112 should be ashamed of themselves.
    Jermall? Jermall?? Is that you, jermall??
    lol

Comment

Cubs only.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
        I rewatched and it was like 7-5 or 8-4. I had a draw at first but in between those big eye catching straight lefts Matt didn't do much. He was just game, that's all.
        The only score that really matters is the first time you watch a fight...after that you have a narrative in the back of your mind and are influenced by it.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
          The only score that really matters is the first time you watch a fight...after that you have a narrative in the back of your mind and are influenced by it.
          That's not true. I watched it again because I really did think Korobov deserved a draw but on the replay I was disappointed. I thought G beat Jacobs too but I was never able to give him that fight when I rewatched it.

Comment

That's not true. I watched it again because I really did think Korobov deserved a draw but on the replay I was disappointed. I thought G beat Jacobs too but I was never able to give him that fight when I rewatched it.
            It is true...judges only score the live event. Not that any of our scorecards really matter, but once you know who won, how the fight went and what other people think...you’re not seeing it objectively. Even less so if you’re a fan of one of the fighters more than the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              Oh go away you maggot dicked poof.
              Robbie bringing the dynamite lols again!

Comment

It is true...judges only score the live event. Not that any of our scorecards really matter, but once you know who won, how the fight went and what other people think...you’re not seeing it objectively. Even less so if you’re a fan of one of the fighters more than the other.
                I was pulling for Korobov in a way. I always felt a little bad about how Arum discarded him. Really impressed by his performance tonight all things considering. If you don't like how I've rescored the fight that's fine, man. I can't change your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
                  You don't win fights by landing one straight-left every couple of minutes. Charlo out-jabbed Korobov by like a 5-1 ratio. He pressed the action. He hurt him in the 12th. He was the aggressor. He threw and landed more. And he even landed more power punches. Korobov was slicker, but with no purpose. All of his movement was wasted because he didn't launch any punches in return.

I had it 9-3 Charlo, but I can understand the 119-108. The judges who had this 116-112 should be ashamed of themselves.
                  Did you see all the jabs and clean shots charlo was landing in the first 8 rds. Now there's a new criteria in boxing? If the jab lands in the air and hits the glove it's a scoring point. Korobov straight left hands don't count though. It's not a valid punch.

Comment

I was pulling for Korobov in a way. I always felt a little bad about how Arum discarded him. Really impressed by his performance tonight all things considering. If you don't like how I've rescored the fight that's fine, man. I can't change your opinion.
                    It’s not that at all, I just don’t like the premise of rescoring fights in general.

Comment

It’s not that at all, I just don’t like the premise of rescoring fights in general.
                      That's understandable.

Comment

Working...
                      X