Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do People Really Think Lomachenko Can Beat Mikey Garcia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    This is two fights in a row where he hasn't been all that impressive at 135. Not just one fight.
    He was impressive against linares... I'm not even talking about the ko but the way he shifted and used angles. This fight he didn't even try to.

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
      Garcia is a very basic fighter. He's good, but similar to Danny Garcia, very ordinary and not excellent at anything, especially not movement/defense. He'd stand in the pocket and get picked off all night. He'd be pissing black blood the next morning, he would seriously take a really bad beating, IMO.
      Almost never out of position, always balanced on his feet, defensively vigilant, pop carries to 140, and Lomachenko's pop basically stalled at 135.

You add the punch variety and being a well-schooled pro, and Lomachenko is ****ed, lol

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        Mikey wants to wait Loma out until he loses a step. Just like Floyd did with PAC.
        I get that but how many steps is Mikey gonna lose taking a beating from Spence? Loma can wait the fight out, not so sure about Mikey.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          Almost never out of position, always balanced on his feet, defensively vigilant, pop carries to 140, and Lomachenko's pop basically stalled at 135.

You add the punch variety and being a well-schooled pro, and Lomachenko is ****ed, lol
          Once Spence knocks him out he will never get the opportunity to fight Lomachenko anyway, so doesn't matter

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            I think Garcia is too big for him. Would be an interesting matchup though.
            You don't see what's coming? Spence is going to destroy Mikey and Mikey will make the mistake to go back to 135.....IE GGG/Kell Brook

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
              He was impressive against linares... I'm not even talking about the ko but the way he shifted and used angles. This fight he didn't even try to.
              Lomachenko is always impressive, he's a great fighter. But he wasn't amazing that fight like he was at 126 and 130. And no shame in that, it happens he reached his max weight class. May need to adjust his style a bit but Pedraza is not that good and he stayed in it for a good portion of the fight. Lomachenko's power is also not there at 135. Dude landed HOW many consecutive punches before dropping Pedraza? A solid puncher at LW doesn't need one fourth of the punches in that stretches to put Pedraza down there.

Comment

Originally posted by The3 View Post
                You don't see what's coming? Spence is going to destroy Mikey and Mikey will make the mistake to go back to 135.....IE GGG/Kell Brook
                That's quite possible.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  I get that but how many steps is Mikey gonna lose taking a beating from Spence? Loma can wait the fight out, not so sure about Mikey.
                  True, Mikey may get tenderized by Spence. But then he will use that as an excuse to take a year off. Then come back with a tune up or two. Be lucky if we see Loma vs Mikey by late 2020. I predict Mikey will surrender at least one of his titles of Loma is a mandatory for either.

Comment

I keep hearing the GGG/Brook comparisons, but Mikey is better than Brook and will get pulled out before getting hurt. Brook's team did the same, just that he broke his orbital bone too early in the fight.

Mikey will do fine vs Spence early on and once the heat turns up, will be out of the fight before you know it. He's not getting ruined in that fight as most think.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                      That's quite possible.
                      Unless Mikey is on some super pellets, it's pretty much guaranteed.

Comment

Working...
                      X