No announcement yet.

In the Ward-Kovalev rematch the Ring title will be up for grabs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the Ward-Kovalev rematch the Ring title will be up for grabs

Ward is now ranked #1 and Kovalev is ranked at #2..so we get a Ring champ out of this

That's nice. Too bad Stevenson is holding the WBC/lineal titles hostage.

Comment

What a bunch of morons you got over there at the Ring : you got to take and L to qualify for a ring championship ( in Sergays case ). Then you got Ward who got the win beats the #1 fighter in the division but he has to beat him twice to get it...its whatever with me man....but heres an example why you GOT TO BEAT THA MAN TO BE THAT MAN!!! no politics involved just man to man is what I'm talking about....I'm starting to feel for Stevenson I know hes old and Ward should beat him but I hate these kinds of moves from boxing nerds that think they call shots in boardrooms...I don't give a **** about your opinion!

Comment

Hopefully after Ward and Kovalev are done with each other Stevenson steps tot he plate and we get a unified champ(if the IBF does not jump in and **** everything up)

Comment

dougie from ring mag was crying so idk if he begs oscar to keep it off the line. but i agree the winner has to go thru adonis for lineage.

Comment

Cool it's vacant so yeah, either Ward or Kovalev can fight each other or # 1 or # 2 can fight #'s 3-5 if they can't fight, and that winner becomes Ring champ if the oppnent is good enough. Top 5 at LHW seems pretty good. But idk about Shabranskyy, seems like some posters like him but I just recognize one name on his resume Yunieski Gonzalez and he's figting Sulivan Barrera next. Joe Smith Jr I know he upset Fonfora which is a good win, but if he can beat old man Hopkins despite being 51 that's a name you want as a W on your resume rather than an L. Hopkins is now one of those past great fighters that have no business at the top but you still have to be greatful for beating him lol cause if you lose to him at this point it will be hard to advance anywhere else. He's the new Glen Johnson

Comment

Regardless of how negative anyone, including myself, feels about Stevenson's treatment of the lineage of this division, he IS still 'the man', technically speaking.

Yes, Ward and Kovalev have just fought for the majority of the belts, the winner was supposed to become P4P1 and viewed in the eyes of many as the man of the division etc etc. BUT Adonis is the one that holds the lineage regardless of how much interest we all had invested in Ward and Kovalev facing off. So if the official lineal title is to change hands, it does need to be taken from Adonis, as much as most of us dislike that notion, it is the way it should be.

Boxing politics are scrappy as it is like we all know. It doesn't matter how much we all as fans think Andre (or Sergey) deserve to be the lineal king, taking Adonis' lineal title form him without him actually losing it in a fight would just be yet another shady move from the powers that be.

Comment

'The Ring' belt means nothing anymore, Oscar turned it into a joke.

Comment

Ward is white

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    That's nice. Too bad Stevenson is holding the WBC/lineal titles hostage.
                    You've clearly been brainwashed by HBO propaganda. Stevenson isn't holding anything hostage. Kovalev was his mandatory and Stevenson agreed to split the purse 50/50, which is almost unheard of for a mandatory fight.

After Stevenson agreed to the fight, Kovalev refused to fight him and vacated his mandatory position to avoid fighting him.

These are easily verifiable indisputable facts.

You are brainwashed.

Comment

Working...
                    X