Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since when are smaller fighters( Pacquiao) expected to cut the ring off on larger com

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since when are smaller fighters( Pacquiao) expected to cut the ring off on larger com

Its antonishing that a much smaller fighter is held to such high standards. It also shows the ignorance of some of the posters on this site.

If an taller, longer, and natually fast fighter doesn't want to be caught than guess want he isn't going to be caught. It takes alot of energy as the smaller fighter to constanly cut of the ring agaisnt bigger opponents whos are also fast and running.

What Spence said was incorrect. It doesn't make him a bad person but it shows he has a lot to learn. Spence had a good size advantage and an Algieri who wasn't moving very often. Plus Spence had the lenght to cover ground quickly once he had Algieri hurt and the strenght to break clinches.

And just for reference ( since i know some of you are blind with hatred towards Pacman) i'll list other fighters well known for cutting the ring off at lower weights but struggled when moving up.

Roberto Duran
    Chavez Sr.
    Azumah Nelson
    Last edited by SilverMiles; 04-19-2016, 06:49 PM.

When has Pacquiao ever shown the ability to cut off the ring?

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
      When has Pacquiao ever shown the ability to cut off the ring?
      Lower weight classes. Back when Manny was a inside fighter with a solid body attack. Especially at Flyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
        Lower weight classes. Back when Manny was a inside fighter with a solid body attack. Especially at Flyweight.
        Pacquiao an inside fighter, what are you smoking? Show me a fight where Pacquiao cuts off the ring and fights inside.

Comment

From 2003 to 2015 I have never seen Pac cut off the ring or fight inside, at least not consistently enough to say he has those skills.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. He was great without those two skills. No need to fabricate a fantasy time when he supposedly had those skills.

Comment

Pacquiao an inside fighter, what are you smoking? Show me a fight where Pacquiao cuts off the ring and fights inside.
            Those fights weren't televised. You just had to be there like op was

Comment

Go look find yourself. **** aint hard to find on you YouTube. You expect me to educate you on the game but if you spent less time hating and more time studying you would know these things.

Comment

The statement was taken out of context bro.

The question was "Errol, how were you able to stop Algeiri when Pac couldn't". And his answer was " Pac lacks fundamentals. He can't cut off the ring". This allowed Algeiri to be able to move away and clear the cobwebs after Pac hurt him.

The answer was in geared towards being able to finish off Algeiri and nothing else.

Comment

Manny likes them to stay in front of him , he has never liked movers going right back to avoiding Raheem .

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                    Go look find yourself. **** aint hard to find on you YouTube. You expect me to educate you on the game but if you spent less time hating and more time studying you would know these things.
                    I have seen a lot of Pacquiao fights and haven't seen him cut off the ring and fight inside in any of them. I don't think you have either, which is why you can't provide an example.

Comment

Working...
                    X