Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That whole Murray fight/event was absolutely farcical. Never seen anything like it.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That whole Murray fight/event was absolutely farcical. Never seen anything like it.

Before the fight with both fighters in the ring , the MC announces there will be a press conference after the fight with an important announcement .

Murray's opponent Spada suffers a small laceration to the side of his eye, ruled as an accidental headbutt. The cut isn't remotely that bad.

Referee calls ringside doctor over multiple times in the next few rounds despite no worsening of the cut.

I swear the doctor finally give the referee a look that says "do you want it stopped" referee nods and the fight is over.

Again as the fighters are awaiting the scorecards the MC announces the important press conference will be starting after the fight.

Very shady business.

yeah, the whole thing was probobly planned even before the rubio fight.

lol @ barry mgguigan saying GGG is on par with monzon/sugar ray leonard / marvin hagler

Comment

this is the norm now days. stay busy fights to pad their record.
      they don't even try to hide it.
      its like a 'b' movie.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
        yeah, the whole thing was probobly planned even before the rubio fight.

lol @ barry mgguigan saying GGG is on par with monzon/sugar ray leonard / marvin hagler
        Barry McGuigan says a lot of things.

I'll never forget the sight of him jumping around the ring after that Flintoff 'fight' as long as I live.

Comment

I haven't watched the fight but it sounds like they wanted to make sure Murray doesn't lose. His promoter badly wants that Golovkin fight.

Murray is not a better opponent for Golovkin than Macklin-Geale-Rubio. He may last a bit longer, but he has zero chance of winning because, well he's Martin Murray. I don't know why some fans are excited about this fight. I'd rather see Golovkin-N'dam.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
            Murray's opponent Spada suffers a small laceration to the side of his eye, ruled as an accidental headbutt. The cut isn't remotely that bad.
            Well it was a significant cut, but I agree it shouldn't have been stopped.

The fight was an ugly one-sided spectacle so I suppose we should be grateful for small mercies.

Comment

I'm watching it now. It's certainly a mess. Richie Woodhall doing an admirable job of finding positives. Horrible venue for fights.

Comment

Golovkin looking sharp at ringside

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post

GGG obviously decided that if he wants to be comparable to Hagler he has to become the 80s.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post

lol his wife scrubs up well

Last edited by Weebler I; 10-25-2014, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X