Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO aired Floyds fights for years, why not Rigos?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
    Nevermind this was from the Ortiz fight not Guerrero he's not that smart

as they say, truth hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post

as they say, truth hurts.
      It's true your ******ed and a idiot I guess that does hurt.

Comment

Has a specific fight been offered to HBO? Because I thought they don't just give out dates to fighters anymore. In none of Arum's comments did he say, "I offered them Rigondeaux vs. xxxx"

Comment

Floyd is more entertaining than Rigo in the ring. Even when he's not attacking he gives you more things to look at, displays more facets of the sport.

Comment

while rigondeaux does deserve big paydays on network boxing, he'll never be floyd mayweather. what floyd mayweather does to generate ppv buys goes far beyond what he does in the ring. it goes beyond even what he does outside of the ring. the people choose who they want to follow. they choose who they want to hate. you can move them along by investing in their promotion, but you can't fully fabricate bonafide star power.

rigondeaux will never be a star. he may never even be a draw. that's the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              Floyd is more entertaining than Rigo in the ring. Even when he's not attacking he gives you more things to look at, displays more facets of the sport.
              I agree, but Rigo should still be broadcast. He's one of the most highly skilled boxers on the planet and a champion. He's been a champion practically his whole life. Guille isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it would be a shame for someone of his caliber to be brushed aside.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                while rigondeaux does deserve big paydays on network boxing, he'll never be floyd mayweather. what floyd mayweather does to generate ppv buys goes far beyond what he does in the ring. it goes beyond even what he does outside of the ring. the people choose who they want to follow. they choose who they want to hate. you can move them along by investing in their promotion, but you can't fully fabricate bonafide star power.

rigondeaux will never be a star. he may never even be a draw. that's the difference.
                Yep. Yep. Yep.

Comment

This has less to do with Rigo's style and more to do with what he did to Donaire, in my opinion.

It wasn't exactly the best style clash. HBO can find guys to throw in there with Rigo to make him look like the type of fighter that gets fans to tune in.

Comment

Originally posted by DJR005 View Post
                    I was just curious if anyone has any idea as to why HBO refused (although ive heard they are close to reaching an agreement) to air anymore of Guillermo Rigondeaux's fights. I know to an uneducated boxing fan who has no appreciation of the sweet science it may be boring to watch. But to people who like to watch a master of the sport at his best then I don't think there is another fighter today who can put on a boxing display like Rigo. If HBO's argument is that he's too defensive minded to be an attraction then look no further than Floyd Mayweather. Hes the biggest ppv or 2nd biggest im not exactly sure of REAL numbers and hes a defensive master. So why not allow Rigo to make the kind of money that he deserves bc as I said before he is UNREAL when it comes to the science and I for one feel lucky to be able to watch such a master at work.
                    Floyd was knocking dudes out at Super Featherweight. It wasn't until his days at 140-147 where the KO's starting declining. Floyd's always been a safety first fighter, but he can be a much more aggressive fighter than Rigo can, and Floyd had a personality to sell to the public, even as "Pretty Boy".

Comment

let's face it, Cherrypicker ruined the HBO welfare for Rigondo

Comment

Working...
                      X