Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Floyd fight Sergio Martinez in September?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Martinez needs a fight at 154 before fighting Floyd
    He says he can make the weight but they all say that when there is money on the table

Comment

It would be a huge feather in his cap if he fought him at 60 (hes not obligated in any way to fight him there)..... But at 54 I don't care for it

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
        Mostly everyone here, including die hard Floyd fans seem to have an issue with Floyd fighting Guerrero. Some people have different reasons why they think Floyd-Guerrero is a shit fight, but the majority simply believe that Guerrero will lose a wide UD in a boring fight. I've seen people compare it's legitimacy to Pacquiao when he fought Clottey. Same ole same ole.

We want Floyd to be given a legit challenge. So what if he fights Sergio Martinez (at 154) in September? THEN I wouldn't mind him fighting someone like Guerrero or Bradley so much on May 4th. Because I know that it'd basically be his sorta "tune up" in preparation for the skilled, hard hitting p4p fighter in Sergio Martinez. I don't know ANYONE who would knock a Sergio Martinez fight, not even the Floyd haters.

The luster hasn't died down just yet, in fact I read an article stating that Martinez said he wants Floyd after Murray. The Murray fight is in April so that leaves him enough time for Floyd in September.

Do you think Floyd will show any interest in fighting Sergio Martinez?

Do you think Floyd should fight Guerrero/Canelo in May, and Martinez in September?
        I would love for Floyd to fight Sergio in Sept; the only way that happens if he fights Canelo in May(which I think will happen) fighting The Ghost does nothing for me personally I hope it doesn't happen so maybe he tears his ACL playing basketball lol just kidding.

Comment

Floyd has shown through ODLH and Cotto fights he is not comfortable at 154lb, the probability of the fight taking place at 160lb is highly unlikely. I still want to see this myself but I believe it won't happen.

Comment

Martinez or Canelo is fine. I just don't want to see him fight Guerrero or Bradley for fucks sake.

And no way should Floyd fight at 160.

Comment

He should but he wouldn't. His daddy says Martinez twoo big for him.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                Ummmmmmm.......no ****. That's like asking if Bernard Hopkins should've fought Roy Jones when Roy was ducking. Bernard wanted a cw, and everyone wanted to see that fight. Roy had no problems besides the 50/50 split. Won't have the same problems with Martinez.

Edit: worded it wrong. Roy didn't 100% duck.
                Are you serious with this garbage post? How did Roy duck Bhop in any way?

Comment

Originally posted by Deathknight88 View Post
                  ya.. if we want a photoshop of Floyd lying next to Pacquaio.
                  this ... floyd is too smart to fight sergio ... well smart/cowardly whatever way you want to put it.

Comment

Would be great if he did but it's hard to imagine any scenario where it would happen. Too much risk.

Comment

He'd sooner take a Victor Ortiz rematch than a fight with Sergio. When was the last time Floyd fought someone significantly bigger than him? Umm, never?

Comment

Working...
                      X