Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Tszyu is in the HOF, why aren't these guys even considered???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Tszyu is in the HOF, why aren't these guys even considered???

Jose Luis Castillo, Diego Corrales, Genaro Hernandez, and Ricky Hatton.

Kostya Tszyu is a great fighter, but he got into the HOF way too easily.

But, when looking at Tszyu's resume, how'd he get in so easily??? He has a good resume with some good wins, but how is it THAT much better than these guys???

I'll give each guys best wins and each guys Top 5 will be in bold.

Kostya Tszyu: Jake Rodriguez, Roger Mayweather, Hugo Pineda, Jan Bergman, Rafael Ruelas, Diosbelys Hurtado, Miguel Gonzalez, Ahmed Santos, Julio Cesar Chavez Sr (way past it, no one counts that win), Sharmba Mitchell, Oktay Urkal, Zab Judah, and Jesse Leija.

Jose Luis Castillo: Jorge Paez, Stevie Johnston, Cesar Bazan, Juan Lazcano, Joel Casamayor, Julio Diaz, Diego Corrales, and Herman Ngoudjo. Should also have a win over Floyd Mayweather on there, for most people at least. I thought he won the first fight by a point.

Diego Corrales: Gary St Clair, Robert Garcia, Derrick Gainer, Justin Juuko, Angel Manfredy, Joel Casamayor, Acelino Freitas, and Jose Luis Castillo.

Ricky Hatton: Michael Stewart, Kostya Tszyu, Carlos Maussa, Luis Collazo, Juan Urango, Jose Luis Castillo (way past it, no one counts this win), Juan Lazcano, and Paulie Maignaggi.

Genaro Hernandez: Daniel Londas, Yuji Watanabe, Raul Perez, Jorge Paez, Azumah Nelson, Anatoly Alexandrov, Carlos Hernandez, and Carlos Gerena.

All these guys are good fighters and Tszyu is great, don't get me wrong. But, how is he so easily into the HOF and those guys aren't even considered. Castillo and Corrales best wins are at the very least equal to Tszyu's, and Hatton beat Tszyu H2H when he was the #1 JWW, along with Hatton's other solid wins. And with Genaro, he dominated at 130 until he met Floyd, just like Tszyu did with 140 until he met Hatton.

What's your take on it???
    Kostya Tszyu (already in the HOF)
    20.91%
    Jose Luis Castillo
    23.64%
    Diego Corrales
    23.64%
    Ricky Hatton
    14.55%
    Genaro Hernandez
    17.27%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by 4Corners; 03-23-2012, 01:39 PM.

Margarito has a better resume than Tszyu. My opinion of course.

Comment

I think they'll all get in at one point. I think people credit Tszyu more for his title defenses over any specific wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
        Margarito has a better resume than Tszyu. My opinion of course.
        Margarito is never even sniffing the HOF because of the hand wraps thing. But, I just think those guys have at least as good of resume's as Tszyu, but Kostya got in easily. And now we have people on here saying Floyd never fought a HOF worthy fighter in their prime??? If Tszyu is a lock HOF fighter and he's already in, Castillo and Corrales should get in, and Hatton and Genaro should be considered at least.

Comment

i'll go with the first 3

Comment

Comment

Fighters are only eligible after 5 years in retirement i believe and of course it would depend what fighters are on the list with them wether or not they have a good chance of getting in. The HOF has had a lot of questionable decisions over the years but putting Stallone in there lost all it's credibility IMO.

Comment

all of them will get in eventually

Comment

Why not highlight Sharmba Mitchell? He was a good fighter.

Comment

Who says they won't be considered?

I think Tyszu is more deserving than any of them. He was a long reigning real champion of his division. Not to mention a highly skilled fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X