Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Pacquiao-Marquez III the biggest backfiring cherry pick in history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by calmdown View Post
    are you on crack? how was marquez a cherry pick being the #5 in the world?
    Hater shall continue on their quest to hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      If you think JMM is a cherry pick than you don't know **** about boxing.
      oh please. your one of the morons that called JMM old and fat and would get a brutal ko. you spoke in a very disrespectful manner about JMM. and like i said then i say know and its confirmed by your mea culpa post,YOU DONT KNOW **** ABOUT BOXING!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RajahBell View Post
        This is probably the biggest backfiring cherry pick in my lifetime. Evander Holyfield was right around the corner yet Iron Mike gave Buster Douglas for a supposed easy pay day. No one gave Buster Douglas a chance.

For Pacquiao vs Marquez 3, the majority of Pacquiao Fans thought that Marquez was a dangerous and credible opponent. We had two fights on the indicator of how the fight will play out. However, the media and Pacquiao haters were dismissing this fight outright. They were expecting domination, Marquez was too small, i'm not excited about this fight, the *******s are just hyping up the fight, etc.

Only haters and those delusional about Pacquiao's skills think this was a cherry pick.
        I have to agree that Douglas was a bigger cherry pick. Trying to KO a lightweight at welter has got to be up there though, especially if Pac May doesn't ever happen

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
          How can you cherry pick a guy you went life and death with twice?

Also, people complained about the catch weight, but while I said it prior to the fight, can anyone honestly say size was a factor after what went down Saturday?

And Age? yes Marquez is 38 but let me ask you this; Would any SMW and LHW be called a cherry picker for going after a 44 year old Bernard Hopkins (keep in mind almost all of those guys are younger than Manny by 3-5 years)? Also almost all the legit 160, and 154 are almost a decade younger than Martinez.....would it be considered Cherry picking if they went after a 37 year old Sergio Martinez?

This is a classic example of people seeing what they want to see.
          IMO its not so much the age but the fight stipulations. the fight could have been made at 140 but top rank chose the wt of 144 they saw JMM get dominated by floyd and thought the additional wt would slow JMM down and make him an easy ko victim. so thats where the cherry picking view comes from. they were so cocky. "god cant save JMM from getting ko'd" bone head ariza LOL at them.

Comment

Originally posted by calmdown View Post
            are you on crack? how was marquez a cherry pick being the #5 in the world?
            Make no mistake, this was an attempt by team Pac to outdo Mayweather without getting in the ring with him, and it backfired. Team Pac was so confident of a KO in this one, one of 'em said even God couldn't help Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              I mean, if we're talking fights that are supposed to be easy but ended in upset, there have been countless this decade alone.

Pacquaio fought Morales just to stick his name on his resume on his way to bigger things. Morales wasn't supposed to have a chance. How about Mosley-Margarito? Another easy formality gone all wrong. Pavlik-Hopkins was supposed to be Kelly's coming out party. Ever heard of Rumble in The Jungle? Ali, having lost to Frazier, was supposed to be easy work for Big George.

It **** like this that makes boxing exciting to watch in the first place.
              good post great historical perspective. kelly was suppose to be the first fighter to ko b-hop and shane was suppose to be another big name victim for margarito. good work paulf.

Comment

Originally posted by willybullet View Post
                Make no mistake, this was an attempt by team Pac to outdo Mayweather without getting in the ring with him, and it backfired. Team Pac was so confident of a KO in this one, one of 'em said even God couldn't help Marquez.
                LOL i guess god showed ariza not to use his name to hype a prize fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RajahBell View Post
                  This is probably the biggest backfiring cherry pick in my lifetime. Evander Holyfield was right around the corner yet Iron Mike gave Buster Douglas for a supposed easy pay day. No one gave Buster Douglas a chance.

For Pacquiao vs Marquez 3, the majority of Pacquiao Fans thought that Marquez was a dangerous and credible opponent. We had two fights on the indicator of how the fight will play out. However, the media and Pacquiao haters were dismissing this fight outright. They were expecting domination, Marquez was too small, i'm not excited about this fight, the *******s are just hyping up the fight, etc.

Only haters and those delusional about Pacquiao's skills think this was a cherry pick.
                  i disagree with the bold print. if you go back and read the post of the average pac fan, you will see most of them had pac by ko win. and some even said JMM would probably spend the night in the hospital. i posted they were crazy and asked how many times have pac ko'd JMM in the first 2 fights? that bit of history didnt seem to matter to pacs fanatical fans. they were very wrong and i posted the 3rd fight would end in controversy just like the first two.

Comment

Originally posted by willybullet View Post
                    ba dum....kshhhh

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X