No announcement yet.

Arum rips Donaire and says JuanMa,Yuri,VW2 all beat him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arum rips Donaire and says JuanMa,Yuri,VW2 all beat him

Meanwhile, Arum said that bantamweight titleholder Nonito Donaire doesn’t generate much money and even took a shot at the fighter’s wife, Rachel.

Donaire left Arum’s promotional firm and signed with rival Golden Boy Promotions. Arum says he has a valid contract with Donaire and vowed to fight the move in court.

He wouldn’t discuss the case but ripped Donaire and his wife, who apparently made a comment at some point about the way Manny Pacquiao’s wife dresses.

"It's not like he's another Manny Pacquiao,” said Arum, referring to his star. “He's a bantamweight, and he wants to go up (in weight), and I've got four fighters who probably could beat him: (Juan Manuel) Lopez, (Yuriorkis) Gamboa, (Guillermo) Rigondeaux, (Wilfredo) Vasquez Jr. ... He'd never beat those guys, or he'd never beat all of them.”

He went on: "(Pacquiao) is where the real money is. With Nonito Donaire, you get a rights fee from television. He's not a pay-per-view fighter. We had him on pay-per-view and did no buys. The Filipinos don't support him. Truth, when he fought (Fernando) Montiel, it was all Mexicans. There were hardly any Filipinos because he hasn't connected with them, and I think it's largely because of (his wife).

"I think the Filipinos can't stand her. I mean, how dare she criticize the way Jinkee dresses. Is she crazy? (Rachel) is all tarted up. Jinkee dresses like a lady. Facts are facts."
    http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/1...fight-pacquiao

The article is also about Mayweather-Pacquiao but this is not what this thread is about, don't even bring it up.

By the way I find it crazy Arum is saying all that now. Why didn't he think that when Donaire was with him? And why would Donaire want to keep working with him if he is going to make public insults towards Nonito and his wife. Very inmature from a 60-some guy.

Yeah I saw a video interview on that, to me, Rigo is the only guy that can beat Donaire.

Comment

I actually think none of those beat Donaire.

Comment

now i believe arum really doesn't have a case against nonito.

Comment

Well he can confidently say that cause if donaire successfully leaves tr bob will prob never let any of those fights happen anymore.

Comment

wow, lol at arum.

Comment

yeah, of course bob is going to rip him now that he's gone. He's not going to praise anyone outside of his own top rank guys.

but call me crazy and I think he's partially right on a couple things, and I'm a huge donaire fan. For whatever reasons, maybe the Father/family dispute thing, a lot of Filipino's don't support donaire as they should. And I don't know rachael, she could be a wonderful person, but honestly I just get that jin mosley vibe every time I see her in an interview. That's the truth.

Comment

I wonder if Arum still thinks Donaire's KO is one of the best he's ever seen.

The reason he's being so *****y about it is because Donaire really is a star, and a great fighter. As a Bantamweight he's still markatable. Pinoys don't like him? Not everyone is going to be Pacquiao. Plenty of pinoys seem to like him. If Donaire keeps winning there's no way he won't become hugely popular at some point, it'll just be as a Featherweight.

Comment

bob is enraged that his untapped goldmine signed with someone else, but instead of wishing nonito the best he decided to go on a smear campaign. what a slimey piece of trash bob arum is.

i hope nonito goes on to be P4P #1 in the next few years just to rub it in to bob

Comment

DE JA VU - it's like Mayweather, Margarito and Cotto all over again

Comment

Working...
                    X