Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question for our scientific minded members?...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard it was expanding but if you find ten scientists that say that, you will also find ten that disagree.

Comment

Im gonna go with expanding due to centrifugal force of a rotating planet enacting on the liquid like core surrounded by a relativly thin crust made up of shifting plates.

Comment

GooD question....
        But I believe regardless whether it's shrinking or growing, the main issue should be available land- space for humans to grow and expand, we should be aware that in a decade or so, the human population will be expanding ten-fold. That much is true. Unless something is to be done to colonize other terrestrial locations outside of our beloved Terra, human race is bound to implode....how and why... Read more... There's lots of reasons around the web. I can expound it here but I guess its off topic already.

....was supposed to give you green unfortunately I have to spread it to others daw.... Anyways good thread to talk bout....
        Last edited by ALAXAN_FR; 03-21-2011, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
          The Earth is eroding.

Has been forever now. Slowly but surely.

http://rt.com/news/sci-tech/scientis...ing-waistline/
          Originally posted by Blah! View Post
          i think it's getting smaller, using common physics

If the earth is eroding why do archeologist and some paleonthologist have to excavate for relics?. why are they burried and some very deep in the ground.
          Is this planet getting smaller or we're just getting more water(ocean and lakes).

I'ts just for a simple observation that there are a lot of people,farm animals and plants out there that are multiplying at an enormous speed.Surely not all the food they consume came from nothing. they are mostly either planted or farm raise.
          Last edited by Amazinger; 03-21-2011, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerjab View Post
            I believe its the same although I wouldn't know, the reason is the heavier the earth the more gravity attraction to the sun.... IMO
            I think it's the other way around if we get heavier we will go farther from the sun.since the gravitatinal force of the earth may become less.

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
              All I know is PB32's balls are shrinking now

I thought PB32 is a SHE....

Comment

Originally posted by Poppa Barrera View Post
                space-time is expanding therefore the earth and every atom is a bit loosened up compared to what it was millions or billions of years ago.

And if this space-time expansion continues in the far far future the atoms and the fundamental particles inside and everything will rip apart which is what we call the big-rip which basically the end of all things.
                Is there any proof to this phenomenon or it's just theory,Although I think carl Sagan is brilliant I found some of the theory they come up with are just hog wash.

Comment

Originally posted by titanium View Post
                  I heard it was expanding but if you find ten scientists that say that, you will also find ten that disagree.
                  Yup, even them basterds can't agree on most of their BS....

Comment

The earth is self sustaining and because of it's huge gravitational and magnetic pull, nothing really leaves the planet unless we take or send it out. Even if it erodes, it transforms into something else.

Rock turns into sand sand turns into soil soil turns into plants.

I think it's getting bigger because there are meteors and space particles being drawn in every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                      Im gonna go with expanding due to centrifugal force of a rotating planet enacting on the liquid like core surrounded by a relativly thin crust made up of shifting plates.

If the earth has a strong centrifugal force won't we have less gravitational force?.
                      How do these two react to each other and the creatures on top of these?.

Comment

Working...
                      X