No announcement yet.

Poet's top 20 P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rolling Stones View Post
    Joey Maxim was getting ****ing schooled in that fight. Maxim didn't stop Robinson, the heat did.
    didn't they go through two referees in that fight?

Comment

Mine would include three of the four you mentioned in my Pound-for-Pound Top 20 (omitting Archie Moore), but Poet's list looks solid. To a certain extent, it's a matter of personal opinion, and this list easily falls into the "acceptable" category. The only thing I'm truly surprised by is the exclusion of Ali, but even then the list is still a good one.

Comment

Joey Maxim was getting ****ing schooled in that fight. Maxim didn't stop Robinson, the heat did.

I love that excuse . Like maxim fought wearing a refrigerator suit.

Comment

Originally posted by GAME2010 View Post
          Is this a JOKE?
          no
          The bolds and this explanation allowed me to post a message long enough

Comment

Originally posted by frankenfrank View Post

I love that excuse . Like maxim fought wearing a refrigerator suit.
            Maxim was the naturally bigger man his body was more capable of dealing with the searing heat. Not to mention he has a flat footed style which doesn't exert as much energy as Robinson's.

Correction in your choice of words also. It is not an excuse, but a reason. A legitimate one at that.

Your knowledge of Boxing is pitiful.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
              The explanation is quite simple: As a rule I never put Heavyweights on p4p lists

Poet
              Neither Moore nor Greb should be classified as HW's while an argument could be made for Langford being a heavy.

Comment

Maxim was the naturally bigger man his body was more capable of dealing with the searing heat. Not to mention he has a flat footed style which doesn't exert as much energy as Robinson's.

Correction in your choice of words also. It is not an excuse, but a reason. A legitimate one at that.

Your knowledge of Boxing is pitiful.
                It's not a legit excuse IMO. It can never be Maxims fault that Robinson paced himself poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  It's not a legit excuse IMO. It can never be Maxims fault that Robinson paced himself poorly.
                  Sure, You can make the case Robinson should have totally changed his style to acclimate to the conditions but to say Maxim stopped Robinson is downright stupid.

If that fight happened any other day the outcome would've been Robinson by a wide UD.

Comment

Sure, You can make the case Robinson should have totally changed his style to acclimate to the conditions but to say Maxim stopped Robinson is downright stupid.

If that fight happened any other day the outcome would've been Robinson by a wide UD.
                    But it wasn't any other day was it?

Wouldas, couldas and shouldas doesn't count.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      But it wasn't any other day was it?

Wouldas, couldas and shouldas doesn't count.
                      No they don't count.

Maxim got outboxed. FACT.

Heat stopped Robinson. FACT.

Comment

Working...
                      X