No announcement yet.

Hatton Vs Junior Witter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by typeone
    Thanks to Kingmo and J.P.W. I can't knock any of your views! But as you are saying the likes of Don King and Warren are not really showing us guys the fights that should be seen, It will end up like wrestling soon lol... I think Terry Marsh had the right idea if you know what I mean..MMM Didn't tyson give him a slap too? Boxers know Boxers and a boxer who wants to be in the history books should then take the power out of promoters hands and demand the good fights.. At the end of the day good draws pull loads of doe anyway. A another fight I would ahve loved to see would have been Roy Jones Vs Steve Colins... Would have loved to see that fight...(Q)Who would win?
    Jones Jr vs Collins would have been a good fight.. out of the three Brits - Eubank, Benn and Collins, I think Collins would have had the best chance against Jones Jr. However without going into it in too much detail, I think Jones Jr would have had too much for Collins. Greater speed, footwork, ring generalship and allround skills, the man really was in another league back then.

Comment

Make you right there.

Comment

Originally posted by kingmo
        Not true, Witter was with sports network for a number of years without any problems between himself and Frank warren. Your right he wasn't a draw, however Witter vs Hatton was and still is the biggest domestic fight out there, its the fight the British public wanted to see and still do. Witter vs Hatton would have sold the MEN arena out 3 times over.

You mention Hatton ducking Witter, Hatton is not ducking anyone.. however his promoter is, Witter was a risk for Hatton, Warren does not take risky fights or even 50/50 fights for his fighters. He doesn't want to risk losing his golden goose. Just look at Joe Calzaghe, what a waste of a career.

Frank Warren is becoming a joke, the only reason the Tszyu fight has been made is because after 38 nobody's, blown up lightweights and over the hill fighters, everyone has had enough; the public demanded it, the media demanded it and most importantly for Warren, Hatton demanded it.
        what is not strue?
        I state he was with sports network but it was when hatton got top coverage that the problems started.

Where do I say Hatton is ducking witter?
        I dont.

And yes it would have sold the MEN out it would have but by that time Witter had left warren and there were problems Ive already highlighted.

Comment

Originally posted by JPW
          what is not strue?
          I state he was with sports network but it was when hatton got top coverage that the problems started.

Where do I say Hatton is ducking witter?
          I dont.

And yes it would have sold the MEN out it would have but by that time Witter had left warren and there were problems Ive already highlighted.
          "Witter jealous at hattons early career promotion as he in the same promoters stable (sports network aka Frank Warren), threw a hissy fit at the fact he wasnt getting as good fights nor as much coverage as the Hitman." - Witter never showed signs of being jealous at Hattons promotion while he was with Sports Network, he simply campaigned for big fights and the biggest fight out there, Hatton. It was clear he was always going to be playing second fiddle to Hatton, and so eventually had to leave.

"so there you go, thats roughly what occured, these things arent as simple as one fighter ducking another" - I didnt say you think Hatton was ducking Witter - but you statement implies that is what the general consensus is.

Frank and Witter didn't part on the best of terms, your right. And this is obviously a big obstacle in making the fight now, however another big obstacle is the fact that Hatton could possibly lose to Witter; high risk against not such a highly regarded name.

If the split between Warren and Witter is the underlying factor as to why the fight has not been made, than why oh why was it not made during all them years Witter was with Warren?

Comment

cos my man hatton wasnt ready and frank knew it.
            Witter was at a far more advanced stage of his career having fought the likes of Jan bergman and judah while hatton hadnt even fought thaxton by the time witter left. In fact his top name was mark winters by the time Junior fought Judah. However hatton was starting to get the star billing on sky.
            Hardly gonna make junior like ricky is it.

Comment

its because warren knows that he's gonna lose

Comment

witter would draw more than oliviera,pederson etc.....

Comment

Originally posted by eden
                  does volume punching oliveira have a decent following?

ive only seen him a few times but i think he holds the
                  record for most punches thrown in a fight or something

Comment

Originally posted by eden
                    sorry mate but what are you going on about?

witter v hatton of course it would sell out.

but witter vs oliviera wouldnt half fiull the arena wheras Hatton vs Oliveira sold it out, can you see where im coming from.

Comment

Witter would definitely win, because he’s too unexpected, mobile and fast. He’s also too clever to let Ricky to dictate him tempo and rules of the fight. Hatton needs stationary opponent to win.
                      Wiitter almost outclassed Judah and Zab is a better boxer than Ricky. JW didn’t do it completely because only of his weak punching power. At present Witter has enough power to knock someone out.

Comment

Working...
                      X