Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overated POPKINS - How is he a p4p great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fabzmm View Post
    Do we all forget how he lost twice in a row to Jermain Taylor?

Beats a drained Tarver
    Beats a small Winky Wright

Then he LOSES to Joe Calzaghe

Beats Pavlik one of his best wins but again not Pavliks normal weight

This guy is one of the most overrated fighters in a while. Why? All because of his age. Too much credit goes towards it.

Umm. Reigning the entire Middleweight division for 10 years. Im sure that makes him a p4p great.

go kill yourself....

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      Umm. Reigning the entire Middleweight division for 10 years. Im sure that makes him a p4p great.

go kill yourself....
      Hopkins has done more in the last era than anyone...Name Names if its not true.....

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
        Hopkins is the most accomplished fighter of his generation PERIOD.
        What he said

Comment

yeah but i think he can have one more fight
          if david haye wins how abuot haye vs hopkis?

Comment

Originally posted by MR ITALIAN View Post
            Hopkins has done more in the last era than anyone...Name Names if its not true.....
            mr. italian sir...

u can make a case 4 every single one of his competitors for the fighter of the decade accolade...

floyd jr who is a 3 weight lineal champion... one of the best ever @ 130 and has never been beaten... ever...

manny pacquiao like floyd is also a 3 weight lineal champion (could be the first to have 4 if he beats hatton...) 2 time RING & BWAA fighter of the year honors this decade...

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              Broke the record of career Middleweight Title defenses, and set a new one at 20 consecutive.

Has hall mark wins over Johnson, Tito, Oscar, Winky, Tarver, and Kelly.

Tarver was the true, lineal Champion at 175 when Hopkins moved up and schooled him at the age of 41.

The only man to ever stop Glenn Johnson.

Knocked out Felix Trinidad and Oscar De La Hoya.

Schooled Kelly Pavlik and embarassed him at 170, just 4lbs north of the 166 catchweight where Kelly beat Jermain in the rematch.

Has never really been "beaten" since losing to Jones back in the early 90's.

Had a very close fight with Joe Calzaghe that a lot of people felt he won, at the age of 43.

His run in his 40's alone is the stuff of a Legend.

Nobody goes 3-1 against competition like Tarver, Winky, Calzaghe, and Kelly between the ages of 41-44. It's unheard of.
              Couldn't of said it better myself.

Good post.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to The_Bringer again. Would give you Green K if I could.

Comment

out of all the active fighters today, there maybe are 2 or 3 guys at the most that have a better resume and accomplished more than bhop. So if hopkins is overrated, then %99.9999 of all other fighters aint **** either.

Comment

Originally posted by cuzfozzy View Post
                  yeah but i think he can have one more fight
                  if david haye wins how abuot haye vs hopkis?
                  I'm all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by chicano79us View Post
                    Hopkins shouldn't get credit for beating smaller fighters due to his age. Look what happened when he faced a great boxer his size, he lost.
                    Criticize Hopkins for fighting 'smaller' fighters yet you're rocking a DLH graphics? A little hypocrisy there wouldn't you agree?

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                      mr. italian sir...

u can make a case 4 every single one of his competitors for the fighter of the decade accolade...

floyd jr who is a 3 weight lineal champion... one of the best ever @ 130 and has never been beaten... ever...

manny pacquiao like floyd is also a 3 weight lineal champion (could be the first to have 4 if he beats hatton...) 2 time RING & BWAA fighter of the year honors this decade...
                      I don't mean any disrespect, But ain't we talking about Hopkins here?

Floyd did not fight the level of PRIME fighters BHOP did. Floyd Did not Defend a division for over a DECADE lol. The un beaten record isnt as good as some think...Not to me.

same goes for Manny. I under stand the 3 weight classes. That alone is great if how you got it stacks up. Fighters can skate through . But NOT for 10 years.

Also OVER 40 is Insane!

Comment

Working...
                      X