No announcement yet.

Whats With All The Cotto-Floyd Talk?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats With All The Cotto-Floyd Talk?

Why the hell do people want to see that fight? Have you guys been watching Cotto lately? That fight means nothing to me right now. Its like the last fight on my list for Floyd. I wouldnt mind seeing it but have it in the future after Cotto builds himself back up some. It would never happened at this point anyways since Cotto is a Top Rank guy and they definatly arent going to agree on anything if its not Mayweather-Pacquiao

Garbage ass fight.

Comment

Ignore them.

They have no respect for Cotto and the passing of his father.

Nor do they have the mental capability of understand why a fighter needs to psychologically recover from a devastating loss, both in and out of the ring.

RIP Cotto Sr.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        Why the hell do people want to see that fight? Have you guys been watching Cotto lately? That fight means nothing to me right now. Its like the last fight on my list for Floyd. I wouldnt mind seeing it but have it in the future after Cotto builds himself back up some. It would never happened at this point anyways since Cotto is a Top Rank guy and they definatly arent going to agree on anything if its not Mayweather-Pacquiao
        Floyd's style allows Cotto to fight in the manner he is used to and comfortable. He has a good chance of winning too but is understandably the underdog.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          Floyd's style allows Cotto to fight in the manner he is used to and comfortable. He has a good chance of winning too but is understandably the underdog.
          NO way he has a good chance. Maybe in his prime but as Roach said before the Pac fight, he is alot slower now and I bet he's even slower after that fight.

Comment

NO way he has a good chance. Maybe in his prime but as Roach said before the Pac fight, he is alot slower now and I bet he's even slower after that fight.
            He looked to have decent speed in the Pac fight but could be worse for ware after that beating so who knows.....I don't think that it would be an easy fight for Floyd or that he would even come close to stopping Cotto.

Floyd's style would allow Cotto to come forward and be the cautious aggressor while picking off Floyd's jab with his gloves and move in to land power shots at a moderate pace.

Would be competitive but think Floyd would win.

Comment

I just see no point with this..

What with Cotto's father passing

The beating he took from Pac

What is there to gain for Floyd or Cotto?

Cotto needs to rebuild and reflect on his Father's passing (and get a new coach)

Floyd? if he wins? so what? people will just say oh he allready been TKO twice and Pac did it before you.

Just a no win situation for either guy

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                He looked to have decent speed in the Pac fight but could be worse for ware after that beating so who knows.....I don't think that it would be an easy fight for Floyd or that he would even come close to stopping Cotto.

Floyd's style would allow Cotto to come forward and be the cautious aggressor while picking off Floyd's jab with his gloves and move in to land power shots at a moderate pace.

Would be competitive but think Floyd would win.
                IDK man, everyone was going crazy over some of the things Pac was doing and it was aggressive but alot of times Pac was doing basic stuff also and he was hitting Cotto with ease. Cotto looked dumb or something. Its like the punches seemed easy for him to block or move away from but he just stood there rocking and taking shots. Or he would have a dumb defense with his face forward and head down where Pac could catch him with easy stuff right down the center underneath. He's also been beat clearly twice now. Once that happeneds then you dont have that same confidence anymore or that "it" factor. If anything goes wrong then he will go in the tank against Floyd and will basically quit without quitting I think and retire immediatly after the fight or during the fight if you know what I mean

Comment

IDK man, everyone was going crazy over some of the things Pac was doing and it was aggressive but alot of times Pac was doing basic stuff also and he was hitting Cotto with ease. Cotto looked dumb or something. Its like the punches seemed easy for him to block or move away from but he just stood there rocking and taking shots. Or he would have a dumb defense with his face forward and head down where Pac could catch him with easy stuff right down the center underneath. He's also been beat clearly twice now. Once that happeneds then you dont have that same confidence anymore or that "it" factor. If anything goes wrong then he will go in the tank against Floyd and will basically quit without quitting I think and retire immediatly after the fight or during the fight if you know what I mean
                  Ideally this should have happened before the Margarito fight but things didn't workout that way.....who else is there for Floyd to fight if the Pac thing isn't happening? Berto/Mosley is just about to happen, and Clottey it seems now is fighting Pac.
                  If Floyd fights Bradley or some jww alot of ppl will discredit him and say he cherry picked a smaller opponent and he shouldn't be fighting guys below ww after the JMM fight. Cotto though not at his best now mentally could pose and interesting challenge and is still dangerous. PPl have to give Floyd some credit for fighting a guy who could seriously hurt him in his own weightclass.

Comment

I kinda see this going down as a Mayweather-Marquez fight. Granted Cotto will land more punches than Marquez did since he's a natural aggressor and is bigger, but Mayweather will avoid the big shots, counter, and evade. Rinse and repeat that for 12 rounds and you have a an easy UD. Also don't say that being beat twice 'clearly' automatically diminishes your 'it' factor. Gatti was beaten several times before the Ward battles and still continued a nice career, and then of course you have Pacquiao who was beaten early on and continued to have a now legendary career. Careful match making, timing, and dedication to the sport can resurrect any prize fighter. Cotto is no different and I personally expect him to have a good year.

Comment

Working...
                    X