Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight Drained Clarification (for intelligent Cotto fans ONLY)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wcruz View Post
    I am huge cotto fan I have seen every televised fight from his pro career. The two pounds will not make a dIffrence as long as he rehydrated after the weigh in all he would have to do is run a tad bit more. The only problem with the fight is that it was agreed as 145 non title match so if PAC wants the belt now it should be at 147.
    Cotto did good in negotiating.
    He has the belt and that gives him a something to negotiate.
    Maybe Cotto wants more money, Maybe a fight at 147, or he might be using mind games.

Comment

Originally posted by nj_evoixgsr View Post
      **WARNING** THIS THREAD CONTAINS ONLY INTELLIGENT THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS. IF YOU CANNOT STICK TO MEANINGFUL POST. PLEASE DON'T POST.**WARNING**

experience
      I was prior military. myself and others worked out TREMENDOUSLY. I KNEW alot of ripped mother****ers. who if trained properly could reach a goal weight easily and see no side effects.

your talking about professional boxers with tremendous amount of resources and money that can easily guide them to the specific weight they need to reach.

recent history facts
      if a man weighs in at 146 his previous fight and as we saw fought with heart through one eye and beat an elite WW.

questions
      cotto fans are you saying even though he is mandated to max out at 145 during weigh-in. 1 pound over the course of 3 1/2 months is not do-able and he will be weight drained and not be at 100%?

if that is the case and he is your idol. i seriously would like to put cotto at the bottom of my list as one of the toughest fighters.

now you take pacquiao where he's fought twice above 135
      his opposition wasn't at it's "best" yet this BEAST COTTO is scared that he will be beaten by this midget?

now for all those that are talking **** about pac. this midget has proven that your idol has to be at 100% to beat this p4p midget and must go up weight classes and not willing to meet him 2lbs under your weight limit.

i truly feel sorry for those that can't comprehend these facts.

pride - ok who cares give it a rest. does that overtake the amount of fame and fortune that will come to you by beating this midget?

if you guys can say pride is everything blahblah. you will never amount to anything due to the fact you have a one trac mind that won't surmount to real world analysis.

now tell me cotto fans what is your excuse for this rebuttle? make it intelligent with some brain process.

well said nj. I used to cut weight for wrestling back in high school starting at 112, so I know the rigors of cutting. I weigh myself regularly to this day and I can easily lose 2lbs while sleeping.

With Cottos size 145 shouldnt be a problem in 4 months. People are forgetting he's a professional and this is part of his job. Cotto will still have an advantage rehydrating to possiby 160+ while Manny stays around 148 during the fight.

They're also forgetting Manny is also moving up to adjust to Cotto as a WW as it is not as his natural class, people some are still crying for Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by shogunn View Post
        well said nj. I used to cut weight for wrestling back in high school starting at 112, so I know the rigors of cutting. I weigh myself regularly to this day and I can easily lose 2lbs while sleeping.

With Cottos size 145 shouldnt be a problem in 4 months. People are forgetting he's a professional and this is part of his job. Cotto will still have an advantage rehydrating to possiby 160+ while Manny stays around 148 during the fight.

They're also forgetting Manny is also moving up to adjust to Cotto as a WW as it is not as his natural class, people some are still crying for Cotto.
        Manny is the one wanting to come up to welter and fight Cotto, and while I don't mind an agreed-upon catch weight, the title shouldn't be on the line, and here's why:

Manny already agreed to terms, and Roach (or Manny, whoever) is now trying to renig and get the sanctioning body to force it into being a title fight.

Now, if they changed their minds and want it to be for the title after all, fine, but it should be at the weight limit, rather than the catch weight.

This was a ****ty and dishonorable tactic, in my opinion, and I've lost alot of respect for Roach and Manny.

Comment

The point I will try to make u understand is this,Cotto is the welterweight champ,period!!Why does Cotto get the runt share of the money and have to give up his weight and still have to put the title on the line,does Pacman deserve to have everything his way and the welterweight champ nothing,if u can't understand this I pitty u!!!

Comment

cotto has the advantage at weight even if this fight is at 145.

people act as if this is the first catch weight fight in boxing, and that the weight is the only thing that determines a fight.

i don't know why pac is getting **** for wanting to even the playing field a bit. this is a legit fight in which i think cotto should be favored to win, regardless of the agreed weight.

i still don't have a pick. this is one tough-ass fight to call.....

Comment

Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
              Because pac is already going up 5 pounds...why should he go up another to make that 7?

So what...This is 1 person losing 1 pound...(2 even)....and another putting on 5 pounds....
              you think just because he fought at 140 last time he weight 140 right now??

Comment

Good thread TS.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickman View Post
                  Manny is the one wanting to come up to welter and fight Cotto, and while I don't mind an agreed-upon catch weight, the title shouldn't be on the line, and here's why:

Manny already agreed to terms, and Roach (or Manny, whoever) is now trying to renig and get the sanctioning body to force it into being a title fight.

Now, if they changed their minds and want it to be for the title after all, fine, but it should be at the weight limit, rather than the catch weight.

This was a ****ty and dishonorable tactic, in my opinion, and I've lost alot of respect for Roach and Manny.
                  how much do you think cotto's "belt" gonna worth if he loses? so he can call still himself world champ when he gets beat by a guy that he's gonna outweigh by 10-15 lbs?

its gonna worth jack **** if he loses. might as well put it on the line.

Comment

title should be on the line.

in pac's point of view, its his chance to be the first boxer to win 7 belts

in cotto's point of view, his belt ain't gonna worth **** if he loses.

i think cotto is just trying to get a better deal, but when its all said and done, the belt should be on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by aether View Post
                      cotto has the advantage at weight even if this fight is at 145.

people act as if this is the first catch weight fight in boxing, and that the weight is the only thing that determines a fight.

i don't know why pac is getting **** for wanting to even the playing field a bit. this is a legit fight in which i think cotto should be favored to win, regardless of the agreed weight.

i still don't have a pick. this is one tough-ass fight to call.....
                      Double standard.
                      Pacquiao vs De La Hoya at 147 no title
                      Pacquiao vs Cotto at 145 with title

Pacquiao could fight at 147 for a non title fight against De La Hoya but he can't fight Cotto at 147 for a title?
                      Manny asked for the fight.

Maybe this sound familiar?
                      Pound for pound king Manny Pacquiao has ordered his promoter Bob Arum to make the fight with WBO welterweight champion Miguel Cotto. Arum already has a date set down on paper, November 14 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Pacquiao sat ringside and watched Cotto win a split decision over Joshua Clottey in New York's Madison Square Garden.

Arum told Michael Marley of The Examiner that Pacquiao was impressed with Cotto's massive amount of support from the thousands of Puerto Rican fans at MSG.

“Manny told me what to do. Manny told me, ‘Go ahead, make that fight.’ So it will go Nov. 14 at the MGM Grand here in Vegas,” Arum said. "He was impressed by Cotto’s fan support and told me it reminded him of how the British fans stand with Ricky Hatton."

Arum said the serious cut suffered by Cotto above his left eye will not prevent the fight from going forward on the proposed date.

“No because it’s not that bad. Miguel is delighted to get a fight against Manny, trust me. Miguel very much wants this fight. It will be a sensational fight the way they attack,” Arum said.
                      http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=20444

Comment

Working...
                      X