Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs Feels Golovkin's Hype is Built on Calculated Matchmaking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
    Very astute. The same people who think Golovkin sucks want to see him accomplish miracles before they can admit he's any good at all. Bizarre.

Golovkin is guilty of fighting at a time that lacks strong competition at MW. Period. And some of the better guys appear to avoid fighting him at all costs. I'm glad to see Jacobs stepping up.

And Golovkin is guilty of having an old school dream of dominating a single division and following it through. Again, a lot of people seem to hate this. They should hate Marvin Hagler too. And Carlos Monzon.

nope

your assessment is biased toward Golovkin

this is more-accurate.....

The same people who wonder why Golovkin avoided possible fights against tougher/world-class opponents want to see him take/win those fights before they can admit he is great

NOT the same thing at all

Lomachenko has only been around for 5 minutes, and yet he is ripping through EVERYONE who even glances in his direction...... Golovkin is doing the opposite, and has never had a career-defining fight

Golovkin promised what Loma is doing, but it aint happening..... he should be way ahead of Lomachenko with opportunities like Cotto Ward Canelo..... Loma is close to becoming the best fighter in the world

it is about holding everyone to the same standard, and then holding them accountable for their words/actions

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
      and accusing Canelo of ducking Golovkin is absurd,

canelo dropped the belt and fought liam smith instead...why is that absurd? i would say its absurd to say golovkin ducked canelo when the fight is 7 months away and hasnt happened yet

did they leave that 15mil lying on the table ?

or is it locked away safely in a bank somewhere ?

fine, have it your way..... you can use " yet " as an out

but you certainly cannot say that Canelo ducked GGG, "yet"

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        At the time they did try and make fights at 168, but couldn't make it happen. Almost got Chavez, tried to fight Kessler, tried to fight Froch.

It wasn't really until the Canelo fight became a legit possibility that they killed moving up at all.

it wasn't until Ward became a possibility they killed moving up

they were fine talking about 168 beforehand

Comment

• I am just gad Jacobs stepped up finally, he has heart and skills. No doubt this will not be an easy fight for GGG. However Golovkin will have the perfect game plan and finish him in the middle rounds. With DLH carrying gingers jockstrap closely, we can't expect Canelo to get a fight with GGG anytime soon.

Comment

At the time they did try and make fights at 168, but couldn't make it happen. Almost got Chavez, tried to fight Kessler, tried to fight Froch.

It wasn't really until the Canelo fight became a legit possibility that they killed moving up at all.
            We just had a whole thread with like 14 pages on this topic. I'm not gonna get into it again. Lol

But anyway, the point of my post was more about them building up this hype about him being avoided and people being scared of him. His promoters and HBO kept singing the same tune. He can't be that avoided if fighters like Geale, Lemieux and Murray were willing to face him. They didn't have to fight him but they chose to. Hell, even Brook. Jacobs doesn't have to face him either but he is. All those guys had other options that were also 'safer'.

Comment

• Jake is correct as GGG is a commie hype job way overrated

Big Ears Jacobs is correct in GGG being a commie fake fraud hype job with no significant wins. Who exactly has GGG beaten that was any good? NO ONE. Jacobs has a chance if the Jake fights smart and punches back at the over hyped GGG. If Jake lets GGG fire away then it's a commie KO. Not sure how smart Jake is being colored and from Brooklyn. Those like Jake are not brainy material or quick thinkers. Best guess here is a GGG decision as Jake falters and gets baffled and confused.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                it wasn't until Ward became a possibility they killed moving up

they were fine talking about 168 beforehand
                That was the same time as Canelo.

Not that I think Golovkin would have moved up to fight Ward without Canelo in the picture, but it sure as **** killed whatever talk Golovkin's team might have entertained about fighting Ward.

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  We just had a whole thread with like 14 pages on this topic. I'm not gonna get into it again. Lol

But anyway, the point of my post was more about them building up this hype about him being avoided and people being scared of him. His promoters and HBO kept singing the same tune. He can't be that avoided if fighters like Geale, Lemieux and Murray were willing to face him. They didn't have to fight him but they chose to. Hell, even Brook. Jacobs doesn't have to face him either but he is. All those guys had other options that were also 'safer'.
                  Lemieux definitely deserves credit. So does Macklin.

Geale and Murray only took the fight after years ducking Golovkin, with all the ridicule that came with it, and no better options.

There was a point in time where fighters literally gave up mandatory spots to champions rather than fight Golovkin. You could go down the entire top 10 and find a moment where they ducked him. It wasn't until Macklin opened the floodgates that this started to change. Even then he needed another year or so to build his star power before he got Geale (I think) in the ring.

He's not ruthlessly ducked like he used to be, but there was absolutely a point where he was THAT avoided.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                    At least a WW isn't his best win.
                    Will a chinny Jacobs be better

Comment

Lemieux definitely deserves credit. So does Macklin.

Geale and Murray only took the fight after years ducking Golovkin, with all the ridicule that came with it, and no better options.

There was a point in time where fighters literally gave up mandatory spots to champions rather than fight Golovkin. You could go down the entire top 10 and find a moment where they ducked him. It wasn't until Macklin opened the floodgates that this started to change. Even then he needed another year or so to build his star power before he got Geale (I think) in the ring.

He's not ruthlessly ducked like he used to be, but there was absolutely a point where he was THAT avoided.
                      totally agree on lemieux he could have milked his title in canada but instead he took on ggg in his first defense.he puts these other belt holders to shame. bjs and former belt holder quillin.

Comment

Working...
                      X