Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spence's chin and recovery time is questionable at worst. Here's why.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    We'll bet 12B. Winner transfers it to the other person.

You in?
    By just donating it to the other person right?? Yep I'm in, 12 B W on Kell Brook = 12 B Dunn on W Spence

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
      did I ever say chin a$$hole
      The thread is about "CHIN" and recovery time and you mentioned Senchenko. Don't try to play it off now you little fake ****.

Comment

This is a great fight to debate, Spence beating Brook is NOT a forgone conclusion. He deserves every credit if he pulls this off, Like someone else already mentioned Andrade picked Brook to beat Spence, Paulie M also is leaning towards Brook, depending how he looks after his eye surgery. For me this is a great fight, which might go down to the wire, if it goes down the wire then the man with the longer experience takes it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Here we go. Now both sides will spend months telling us what's wrong with Brook/Spence and make them out to be terrible overrated fighters.

Then they'll b*tch and moan about credit when they made it out like the one they don't like was garbage.
          Totally agree with you, we got the fight that we all wanted. No need to fight or moan, discuss the fight like adults but nope not on NSB.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
            The thread is about "CHIN" and recovery time and you mentioned Senchenko. Don't try to play it off now you little fake ****.
            I don't even remember the fight, I didn't watch, I watched highlights over a year go and I remember seeing Brook wobbled

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post

Emmanuel Lartey a light hitting opponent for Spence back in 2013. Now, it was 2013 but Recovery time and chin is genetically acquired, either you have it or you don't have it. Spence over committed at 27:32 after he hit Lartey with a body shot Lartey then counters with a straight right hand which he buckled Spence's legs completely with his lead hand, instead of his power left hand because he is a south paw, it was his FIRST flush shot in Spence's chin. After the 7th round Spence started with his legs still buckled, and Lartey attacked, and Spence backed up throughout the whole fight.

A fighter who got buckled but have a good recovery time doesn't back up when he is an attacking fighter, especially after recovering for 1 whole minute after the shot buckled your legs. Bradley took the best shots of Provo, buckling him and knocking him down but after the shot, he press forward because of his recovery time.

"BUT CARSON JONES WOBBLED BROOK!" Yes Carson Jones hit brook with a thunderous shot, and Brook took it really well, but immediately after the round Brook went back on to what he does best, boxing and attacks, having no indication that he is still hurt after 1 minute, but spence does even after the 1 minute recovery time and throughout the whole of round 8, and Brook proved his chin once again by taking the best Shots of the 92% KO monster in Gennady Golovkin.

But we will never know till we see them fight.
              anyone can get hurt if hit right and spence recovered just fine. lartey got more aggressive and he just tried to walk him onto something, changing your approach isnt necessarily a bad thing. quite the opposite, fighters who can only fight coming forward tend to pay for that shortcoming eventually.

chin and recovery time can definately be improved as well. recovery time is mostly conditioning, the easiest thing to improve in boxing. chin can be improved by conditioning too as well as by improving neck strength, being more relaxed, keeping you chin lower etc.

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
              Paulie Malignaggi and Demetrius Andrade are both on Youtube interviews with Fighthype and Dontae, giving valid reasons why they have Kell Brook winning the fight. Both basically say Earl Spence, Jr. is great coming forward but is another fighter when somebody starts hitting back. Both question his ability to handle the pressure in an actual fight. And they speak from firsthand knowledge, not some fantasy land.
              this on the other hand is very interesting.

i just watched the videos in question and they do bring up a good point. andrade just said brook has been more tested, didnt say he had seen anything lacking in spence or any negative signs, just that there are still question marks. he also struggled to make a pick eventually saying he is slightly leaning towards brook.

paulie on the other hand said he didnt like the way spence reacted to being hit in the past and pointed out just how hard brook hits at 147. didnt say it frankly but you could tell he clearly favors brook.

there are question marks surrounding spence jr.. skill and talent wise he is a great fighter but we dont know what he has inside. we also dont know how well rounded he is. algieri and bundu are solid fighters but neither is at brooks level in particular when it comes to power.

brook on the other hand felt more power than spence will be bringing even if he never seen skill like his before. we will find out how good a chin spence has and how much depth there is to his game.

taking such a huge leap in power and class while fighting in very hostile territory for the first time is no small task for spence. if he pulls it off it will be one of the most impressive first title winning performances in the last decade imo.

i went from leaning spence to leaning brook. cant wait.

Comment

no, spence is unbeatable from what im reading on nsb. no fighter in history could ever beat him. has no weakneses

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  This is a great fight to debate, Spence beating Brook is NOT a forgone conclusion. He deserves every credit if he pulls this off, Like someone else already mentioned Andrade picked Brook to beat Spence, Paulie M also is leaning towards Brook, depending how he looks after his eye surgery. For me this is a great fight, which might go down to the wire, if it goes down the wire then the man with the longer experience takes it for me.
                  what do you mean 'its not a foregone conclusion'?!? as if spence is favourite or something. In the real world, outside of NSB, Brook is the bookies favourite.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                    anyone can get hurt if hit right and spence recovered just fine. lartey got more aggressive and he just tried to walk him onto something, changing your approach isnt necessarily a bad thing. quite the opposite, fighters who can only fight coming forward tend to pay for that shortcoming eventually.

chin and recovery time can definately be improved as well. recovery time is mostly conditioning, the easiest thing to improve in boxing. chin can be improved by conditioning too as well as by improving neck strength, being more relaxed, keeping you chin lower etc.

this on the other hand is very interesting.

i just watched the videos in question and they do bring up a good point. andrade just said brook has been more tested, didnt say he had seen anything lacking in spence or any negative signs, just that there are still question marks. he also struggled to make a pick eventually saying he is slightly leaning towards brook.

paulie on the other hand said he didnt like the way spence reacted to being hit in the past and pointed out just how hard brook hits at 147. didnt say it frankly but you could tell he clearly favors brook.

there are question marks surrounding spence jr.. skill and talent wise he is a great fighter but we dont know what he has inside. we also dont know how well rounded he is. algieri and bundu are solid fighters but neither is at brooks level in particular when it comes to power.

brook on the other hand felt more power than spence will be bringing even if he never seen skill like his before. we will find out how good a chin spence has and how much depth there is to his game.

taking such a huge leap in power and class while fighting in very hostile territory for the first time is no small task for spence. if he pulls it off it will be one of the most impressive first title winning performances in the last decade imo.

i went from leaning spence to leaning brook. cant wait.

Another nice post, I like Paulie and when I saw that video yesterday I thought hmm, even listening to Andrade on that radio show picking Brook when pushed made you think. That is the intriguing thing about boxing... one of them might even go in there and blast each other out (Jacobs v quillin)?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                      what do you mean 'its not a foregone conclusion'?!? as if spence is favourite or something. In the real world, outside of NSB, Brook is the bookies favourite.
                      For the people picking Spence like I have seen over the last few days.

Comment

Working...
                      X