Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC Heavyweight title to change hands again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overeem would have toyed with Werdum again.

What was he doing? Running after a guy throwing little arm punches? I hate Werdum as a fighter, have done since his disgraceful showing against Overeem in Strike Force. Literally just laying on the floor asking Overeem to go to the ground, it was utterly embarrassing.

If Overeem continues to fights smart, he beats everyone in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
      What is it with all these top UFC fighters getting stopped with soft shots from guys running away? Is it due to the glove size?

Reminds me of Silva-Forrest.
      It don't happen THAT much. But I'm sure glove size plays a part in the number of KO's & why the UFC HW title doesn't stay in one place very long. Jon Jones need to rethink his move to HW cuz his skinny ass will be getting KO'd there too.

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
      Running forward and throwing sloppy punches with his chin open had nothing to do with USADA. I don't know what Werdum was thinking with that strategy.

Damn, he worked so hard to make it to the top.

Good work by Stipe though. Cain or Overeem more than likely get the next title shot.
      Definitely not a USADA situation imo. I picked Werdum to beat Cain & he was stressing me the f#ck out during there fight being sloppy as f#ck & taking crazy risks. Anyone thinking the USADA testing played any part in this outcome go watch that Cain fight & tell me this just isn't a guy who takes some stupid risks &/or is sloppy as f#ck & just overall was a KO waiting to happen.

Also a random fact for boxing fans about Stipe. He lost to Bryant Jennings in the quarterfinals of the 2009 National Golden Gloves tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
        It looked like Werdum tried to box a boxer (well someone is more into striking).
        He ran at him sloppy as hell. He definitely didn't respect his power because against Cain and Hunt he fought a much smarter fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          What is it with all these top UFC fighters getting stopped with soft shots from guys running away? Is it due to the glove size?

Reminds me of Silva-Forrest.
          A six inch punch to the chin is all one needs ,Werdum also ran into it which creates twice the power .With the 4 oz MMA gloves those short compact punches will jar the brain more than boxing gloves ,the MMA gloves surface are harder and easier to be more accurate with hitting a specific target ,one reasoning its harder to block someones strikes because of less padding. A boxing glove will hit a larger surface area and you can swing harder with boxing gloves because more padding which does generate more force but if you get hit on the chin or temple with 4oz gloves its more direct compact power .

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian View Post

It's like watching a WSHH fight.

Comment

Wow

Werdum lost his cool, showed his weakness couldnt stay discipline vs a boxer

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                Running forward and throwing sloppy punches with his chin open had nothing to do with USADA. I don't know what Werdum was thinking with that strategy.

Damn, he worked so hard to make it to the top.

Good work by Stipe though. Cain or Overeem more than likely get the next title shot.
                He looked crap before the KO.

Comment

Werdum came in way too ****y.. during the walkout he kept making this weird smile at the camera..

I think werdum fell in love with his improved striking over the past few years, and got sloppy, didn't respect stipe, and got ktfo

Stipe vs overreem is going to be a really good fight..

Comment

Overeem is a lot more well-rounded skillfully but Stipe got a much better chin and gas tank. Should be a hell of a fight.

Comment

Heavyweights hit harder than women obviously but still, Werdum showed an inferior chin to Rousey. She ran into what seemed like dozens of shots like that vs Holm and it still took a jaw smashing head kick to finish her.

Comment

Working...
                      X