Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is floyd success due to the culture he appeals to, lack of intellect?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is floyd success due to the culture he appeals to, lack of intellect?

The urban ghetto culture that mayweather appeals too and the only culture that pretty much takes up arm for him praises and adore anything thats disrespectful and anything that to other just seem as stupidity. The more disrespectful, the more trouble he causes the more the urban ghetto culture are infatuated with him. He has even been embraced by his culture media outlet (BET) and praised for "always being in the club" "betting huge amounts of money on games" "demeaning women" and so on and so on....

So in closing if this urban ghetto culture had some class and dignity do you think he would have been embraced so lovingly and if not would he not be half as successful as he is today?

NOTE: Serious Discussion Only.

Quoted for Realness and to open you racist eyes that this thread is not a race thread

Originally posted by techliam View Post
    Isn't necessarily a race argument.

Culture is simply the way you see and perceive things, whether you're black, white, green or whatever.

Does Floyd appeal to a certain culture? Yes, seen best by the way Europeans have no idea why people support Floyd. Of course, some others may like Floyd. But take a look around and make your own judgements.

Does Floyd appeal to a certain race? Not directly. It's more a result of the culture he appeals to, many people there just happen to be black. I'm not defending the TS, he should have made this clear.

As for Floyd's success, I don't know. I can tell you Floyd is nowhere near as popular over here in Europe - mostly due to a culture clash ... many people are disgusted by this rich gangster type of style. Though in the US, it may be appealing. Would Floyd be as successful without HBO? Might it be his opponents? So many other factors I can think of.
    Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
    So you saying BET is only watched by black people? or is it watch by the urban ghetto culture that is present in puerto ricans communties, cuban communities, mexican communities, black communities, even in white communities.? your are too narrow minded my friend.
    Last edited by ElBossHogg™; 02-09-2013, 04:15 PM.

I never say this but you deserve a ban for that ish and this isn't your 1st time making racist comments

Comment

The urban ghetto culture that mayweather appeals too and the only culture that pretty much takes up arm for him praises and adore anything thats disrespectful and anything that to other just seem as stupidity. The more disrespectful, the more trouble he causes the more the urban ghetto culture are infatuated with him. He has even been embraced by his culture media outlet (BET) and praised for "always being in the club" "betting huge amounts of money on games" "demeaning women" and so on and so on....

So in closing if this urban ghetto culture had some class and dignity do you think he would have been embraced so lovingly and if not would he not be half as successful as he is today?
      Nope, he's boring in the ring so he pretty much had to take on that role. Everyone just wants to see him get ktfo.

Comment

Lmao! Well someone had to say it I guess. I'd personally say that was actually part of the reason and the same with Broner, Zab Judah is another.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
          I never say this but you deserve a ban for that ish and this isn't your 1st time making racist comments
          He is a racist scum bag who falls just short of being blatant. Just put him on your ignore list.

Comment

Probably. Why can most rap stars only be accepted by the rap audience and make it big, if they are complete degenerates of life?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Lmao! Well someone had to say it I guess. I'd personally say that was actually part of the reason and the same with Broner, Zab Judah is another.
              Broner could do without the ghetto act imo, because he's pretty skilled and exciting in the ring but...it's Broner so I wouldn't expect it out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                Broner could do without the ghetto act imo, because he's pretty skilled and exciting in the ring but...it's Broner so I wouldn't expect it out of him.

I'd actually probably like him a bit more if he dropped that stupid act tbh
                It just gets on my nerves.

That confrontation video annoys the hell out of me ''I still got my '0' I still got my '0' lol like is it any wonder when you're fighting the Gavin Rees' of the world?!

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
                  Probably. Why can most rap stars only be accepted by the rap audience and make it big, if they are complete degenerates of life?
                  its a culture that thrives off obscenities. If you doing the "right" thing then you are looked down upon and if you do the "wrong" things you are looked upon the COOL person.

Snitching is bad, Murdering someone is not.

Comment

Embraced so lovingly, really?

So controversy being a seller only applies to the urban ghetto culture now?

Comment

Working...
                    X