Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Predictions for the Strikeforce heavyweight fights this weekend?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predictions for the Strikeforce heavyweight fights this weekend?

Rogers impressed me against Fedor but seemed to be gunshy against Overeem. I haven't seen his latest fight but I'm surprised that he was taken the distance by a lower-quality opponent. It seems like he may have lost that explosiveness and determination that made him perform impressively in the past.

It seems like Barnett is the sensible pick. He hasn't fought top opposition for a while but his overall skillset is above and beyond BR's.

I see Overeem ensuring that he never leaves his feet against Werdum, who is weaker on his feet than Overeem is on the ground anyway. The win over Fedor was impressive but I don't feel that Werdum's stand-up is good enough to take it.

I'll go with Barnett via sub and Reem via KO.

If it was the same Rogers that blasted out Arlosvki and took it hard body to Fedor I'd actually pick him in this match. Buuuuuut, he ain't the same after being fed to Fedor & Overeem. Talk about being ****ed in the ass by Strikeforce LMAO. I think he's definitely gun shy and will get taken down and submitted in 1 round.

I also think Overeem trashed Werdum in under 2 minutes. I think he'll drop him like Fedor did but this time get the finish. Brutal **** rape. IM PUMPED FOR MY MAN JZ FIGHTIN'!

Comment

Barnett will crush Rogers, can't even see that fight being close.

How about you give me 3-1 and I'll take Werdum for a million Clegg?

Comment

Josh was pretty good back in the day....my only issue with picking him is he's not been active while other fighters from his era have proven to be too old to really contend anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Naps View Post
          Barnett will crush Rogers, can't even see that fight being close.

How about you give me 3-1 and I'll take Werdum for a million Clegg?
          Sure thing, confirmed.

I stuck £50 on Overeem, him and Barnett are the same odds, I figured Overeem was a slightly safer bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            Sure thing, confirmed.

I stuck £50 on Overeem, him and Barnett are the same odds, I figured Overeem was a slightly safer bet.
            Yeah, I was thinking of having a bet on Overeem (I'm only betting e-points of Werdum for the sake of it). I can't get better than 1/3 odds though. What did you get him at?

Comment

if barnett has anything left he UDs Rogers

I think Overeem will KO Werdum

Comment

Overeem is gonna run through Werdum.

Comment

Originally posted by Naps View Post
                  Yeah, I was thinking of having a bet on Overeem (I'm only betting e-points of Werdum for the sake of it). I can't get better than 1/3 odds though. What did you get him at?
                  4/11 on skybet.

Comment

Have a feeling Barnett beats Rogers in a boring decision. I think Barnett's age, inactivity, and rust will definitely play a role in the fight, but I don't think Rogers has the ability to really capitalize on it.

I think Overeem knocks out Werdum at some point. Overeem will definitely do what he can to stay on the feet. The longer it stays on the feet, the shorter the fight will be.

Comment

Working...
                    X