No announcement yet.

Schaefer: "Hopkins/Jones PPV is about 130,000, but expected to reach 150,000"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post
    If RJJ doesn't get paid, can he sue on the grounds of the Muhammad Ali Act?

If I recall correctly, the Ali Act requires that the fighters receive a bigger purse than the promoter.
    Nope. He agreed to give Bernard and GBP the first 3.5 million and he would take the next 3.5 million, if they made a profit.

Comment

Originally posted by The Impaler View Post
      Somebody actually said that?
      Yes all his fans did.

Comment

Bombed as I expected...

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
        Yes all his fans did.
        Not this one...reg HBO...

Comment

wow thats embarrasing.

Comment

So for those Hops fans saying that HBO will give him a PPV date with Bute better think twice.
            completely corect

Comment

Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
              Co-sign. But anything over six figures has to be a success for GBP, however at the cost to boxing's creditiblity. Haye vs Ruiz was a much better fight, but it goes without saying that the media would rather cover the worse fight.
              oh god yeah... haye vs Ruiz would of done better IMO and would of been great for the mainstream to see

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                No because RJJ signed off on a contract that gauranteed Nard the first 3.5 million.
                damn. I wonder why jones actually thought it would sell more than what it did. He got conned!

Comment

So for those Hops fans saying that HBO will give him a PPV date with Bute better think twice.
                  who was saying it would be PPV?

2 of hopkins last 4 fights were not PPV. As long as HBO is willing to put up a good sized purse, no reason why Hopkins vs Bute can't happen.

Comment

I thought RJJ would've at least had a guaranteed amount, even as little as $100K, just so that he can't end up empty-handed.

That just goes to show what leverage you have after getting knocked out in the 1st round by a nobody.

Comment

i realize a lot of people are fans of BHOP but I for one dont ever wanna see him fight again... His last few fights have been absolutely horrible to watch

Comment

Working...
                      X