Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Klitschkos Have A Chance Against Haye If They Didn't Have Size Advantage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wlad is really quick.

Haye actually did well defensively vs Wlad. It's his offense that let him down, throwing those arcing right-hands that my Nan could have avoided.

I'm not sure, I just don't think Haye can find the right punching angles against the big men. Though he did tag Valuev pretty hard in the last round of their fight.

He'd have a good chance of KOing Wlad is he were shorter though.

Comment

Originally posted by TheIcon View Post
      People that think Wlad is slow make me laugh, his hand speed for a man of his size is phenomenal, trust me if he didn't have fast hands theirs no way he'd be where he's at, Haye underestimated the hand speed especially the hand speed of the jab and this is why he couldn't deal with it and get close enough to land big punches all night, he also gets out of range very quick when someone gets near due to his fast food speed.
      Good points made

Comment

they would all be totally different fighters so not really a valid question. you think mike tyson would fight the same if he was 7' tall?

how would a gamboa the size of vitali get on?

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
          Wlad slow? Are you kidding me?

Vitali is nothing special, but Wlad is very quick, especially for a man his size.
          Their both slow, and Wlad has that robotic speed...Its kind of fast, but kind of stiff, which translates to telagraphable punches, which translates to slow

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
            Their both slow, and Wlad has that robotic speed...Its kind of fast, but kind of stiff, which translates to telagraphable punches, which translates to slow
            Wlad's jab, footwork and straight right are very fast. If he was a cruiserweight like Haye he'd probably be lightning fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
              Wlad's jab, footwork and straight right are very fast. If he was a cruiserweight like Haye he'd probably be lightning fast.
              Yep I agree

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                If either of them were going to be robotic, it would be Vitali.

Wlad is not telegraphed, he is not robotic. Nor does him being slow, and kind of fast make sense.

Look at the hook he ended Chambers with. That was a dynamic and fast punch.

How many of their fights have you seen?

Comment

Haye would knock the pair of them out if he was the same size. He could do it now if he caught them and he's not even a proper heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                    If either of them were going to be robotic, it would be Vitali.

Wlad is not telegraphed, he is not robotic. Nor does him being slow, and kind of fast make sense.

Look at the hook he ended Chambers with. That was a dynamic and fast punch.

How many of their fights have you seen?
                    Wlad is way too one-dimensional though. He's got nowhere near as many looks as Vitali.

But Wlad perfected his limited style, and he has that size advantage so he usually just repeats the same formula over and over. If he was the same size as Haye that wouldn't be effective, he'd be getting hit a lot more, pushed back and forced into a brawl. I can't see Wlad lasting more than 6 rounds with Haye if they were the same size purely because Wlad's one-dimensional style would be much easier for Haye to overcome if they're the same size.

But prime Vitali would still be competitive I think, he's got more to his game than Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
                      Wlad is way too one-dimensional though. He's got nowhere near as many looks as Vitali.

But Wlad perfected his limited style, and he has that size advantage so he usually just repeats the same formula over and over. If he was the same size as Haye that wouldn't be effective, he'd be getting hit a lot more, pushed back and forced into a brawl. I can't see Wlad lasting more than 6 rounds with Haye if they were the same size purely because Wlad's one-dimensional style would be much easier for Haye to overcome if they're the same size.

But prime Vitali would still be competitive I think, he's got more to his game than Wlad.
                      What makes you think Wlad wouldn't change his style to fit his size if he were smaller? He might be as explosive and still more powerful as Haye.

Comment

Working...
                      X