No announcement yet.

Complaints during training

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complaints during training

So I just recently started to join my local boxing club. Let me tell you,it is fun as hell!

But there is one problem.....

whenever we do this thing where one guy is using his gloves as mitts and the other is practicing the 1-2. I constantly get complanits that I hit too hard and it makes me feel bad usually when you hit the straight you are supposed to pivot,but I end up using only my shoulder and I still get the complaint from my partner that "you are not supposed to practice power". Last week I got the complaint that my left hook is too hard and that I should calm it down,I didn't put any weight behind it.

Luckily though the first day I was there I got more of a compliment that I hit heavy or something from the guy who was next to me. hitting the bag who has experience whcih was nice but after that,it is complaint after complaint.

I am contemplating to quit because of this...

I weight 115 Kg so if anyone has any advice, I would like to hear it. This is seriously making me feel like an ass

Comment

Change gyms or change partners. The choice is yours.

Comment

could it be that if I went to do this exercise with guys around 100 kg that they would be taking this better?

Comment

Originally posted by KOComplaints View Post
          could it be that if I went to do this exercise with guys around 100 kg that they would be taking this better?
          That could help. A bigger guy would be able to absorb your shot through his arm without it hurting as much. That all depends on strength though. Go for the strongest guy there.

Comment

I would just find a diff. partner... pref. someone your same size.. shouldn't be an issue then

good luck

Comment

If you can't control your strength you're either immensely unskilled or just a douchebag. Neither of which are an easy fix. Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post
                this is hilarious

Comment

Don't partner up with wimps!

Comment

I thank everyone who responded with an actual answer. I will try this out

Comment

Working...
                    X