Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Terrible" Terry Norris vs PBF aka Money May @ 154 lbs / 11 Stone: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Terrible" Terry Norris vs PBF aka Money May @ 154 lbs / 11 Stone: Who wins?

Norris by KO/TKO
    20.63%
    Norris by UD/MD/SD
    23.81%
    PBF by KO/TKO
    4.76%
    PBF by UD/MD/SD
    49.21%
    Draw
    1.59%

Floyd is clearly a more intelligent boxer than Norris was but Norris had a style which was rough and tough which could spell trouble for Floyd.

Norris could punch with both hands and was very tenacious in his attack. He also had an excellent jab. Where Norris was at fault was his defense and his chin. Norris had very poor defense which caused him to get ko'd several times in his career. But since Floyd doesn't have the biggest punch I think Norris could withstand an attack from PBF.

This fight goes to decision. I think Floyd pulls out a hard earned UD.

Comment

may isnt stopping anyone above ww and no one is stopping may under 160. so that means a guy has to outbox may. terry isnt the one to do it.

Comment

I voted Mayweather by KO. Mayweather always studies his opponent and takes advantage of any weakness he can exploit. Norris was a good all around fighter with a weak chin and a leaky defense. Mayweather didn't go for the KO that much in his late years as a pro. Mayweather always has that sharp, accurate and very fast straight right. He would use that punch overtime to KO Norris who was once knocked down with a left jab.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
          Floyd is clearly a more intelligent boxer than Norris was but Norris had a style which was rough and tough which could spell trouble for Floyd.

Norris could punch with both hands and was very tenacious in his attack. He also had an excellent jab. Where Norris was at fault was his defense and his chin. Norris had very poor defense which caused him to get ko'd several times in his career. But since Floyd doesn't have the biggest punch I think Norris could withstand an attack from PBF.

I think you misunderstand Terry being a mean dirty fouling fighter with Terry having a rough style. Terry was a very very polished fighter in every facet of his game. He had speed, movement, balance, power, and combination punching.

Anyone that thinks Floyd would have a chance is just Crazy. There is a difference between being a great fighter that is filled out to your max weight at 147 and can do catchweights against green guys at 152 and fighting an ATG natural 154lber who is just as fast as Floyd (at 154 terry is probably faster), hits much harder than Floyd, has feet just as good as Floyds were at lighter weights...

There is an old saying that a great big man beats a great little man.

This is a prime example.

Terry Norris is for some unfortunate reasons one of the great technicians of the 90's who's greatness has been largely forgotten much like Michael Nunn. Probably because he fought on after he was badly faded, and got flattened by Julian Jackson.

Terry Norris was a beast... and mean... really mean...

Floyd at 154 pot shotted and ran. Terry at 154 threw something out and if you threw something back, he was coming after you with 3 or 4 in return, closing the distance with his feet if you ran.

He really was a great fighter. Bad bad matchup for Floyd at 154.

If we were talking p4p matchup at their best weights Id give Floyd the win. But at 154... that crazy talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post

Terry's defense wasn't bad. He got stopped by Julian Jackson. Who if Floyd got hit by Jackson with any of the clean shots Maidana hit him with, would have been out cold as well.

And another really good puncher in Simon Browne who he avenged his loss to decisively.

People seem to forget that during his prime Norris was being talked about as the #1 p4p fighter along side Whitaker Chavez and Nunn, and was fighting 4-5 times a year.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
              that hi-lite clip is suspect. any boxers in there ?!?!? that werent shot to shlt ?!?! may wouldnt attack terry unless he hurt terry (which isnt impossible). terry would feed himself to a superior boxer.

easy ud. 9-3/8-4

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                I think you misunderstand Terry being a mean dirty fouling fighter with Terry having a rough style. Terry was a very very polished fighter in every facet of his game. He had speed, movement, balance, power, and combination punching.

Anyone that thinks Floyd would have a chance is just Crazy. There is a difference between being a great fighter that is filled out to your max weight at 147 and can do catchweights against green guys at 152 and fighting an ATG natural 154lber who is just as fast as Floyd (at 154 terry is probably faster), hits much harder than Floyd, has feet just as good as Floyds were at lighter weights...

There is an old saying that a great big man beats a great little man.

This is a prime example.

Terry Norris is for some unfortunate reasons one of the great technicians of the 90's who's greatness has been largely forgotten much like Michael Nunn. Probably because he fought on after he was badly faded, and got flattened by Julian Jackson.

Terry Norris was a beast... and mean... really mean...

Floyd at 154 pot shotted and ran. Terry at 154 threw something out and if you threw something back, he was coming after you with 3 or 4 in return, closing the distance with his feet if you ran.

He really was a great fighter. Bad bad matchup for Floyd at 154.

If we were talking p4p matchup at their best weights Id give Floyd the win. But at 154... that crazy talk.

That would make sense if Terry Norris was a great fighter.

Comment

norris ko'd leonard so floyd has no chance

Comment

Norris is just so much stronger and harder hitting, plus he is taller and probably has a longer reach. Let's not forget, he had particularly quick hands and feet, very unlike a number of punchers around today.

If Maidana and Castillo and Oscar and even Pacquiao can catch Floyd, with varying degrees of success of course, then what happens if Norris catches him?

Mayweather would have to go to war and for the first time, get aggressive against someone who was genuinely bigger and stronger. I'm not sure if I'd be willing to bet on that.

Comment

Working...
                    X