Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Calzaghe- one of the greatest of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Calzaghe- one of the greatest of all time?

46-0. 21 title defences at super middle, an era of dominance. THe ring champ at super middle and light heavy, retiring as the longest continual champion in the sport. Wins against lacy, kessler, hopkins, eubank, roy jones and he took on all comers and never ducked a fighter. To me this is the credentials of an all time great, yet when people talk about all time greats his name isnt mentioned? WHat more could joe really have done in his career than what he did? So why do people not rate him that highly? Did his career fly under the radar for msot of it due to him fighting in britain? Or was it his inability to secure the blockbuster fights when he was younger? That seems harsh to me when it was clear he was avoided. Please discuss

Golovkin's resume is better and has fought harder competition.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
      Golovkin's resume is better and has fought harder competition.
      as much as i like GGG his current CV is not on par with calzaghes, although he has a few years left

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        46-0. 21 title defences at super middle, an era of dominance. THe ring champ at super middle and light heavy, retiring as the longest continual champion in the sport. Wins against lacy, kessler, hopkins, eubank, roy jones and he took on all comers and never ducked a fighter. To me this is the credentials of an all time great, yet when people talk about all time greats his name isnt mentioned? WHat more could joe really have done in his career than what he did? So why do people not rate him that highly? Did his career fly under the radar for msot of it due to him fighting in britain? Or was it his inability to secure the blockbuster fights when he was younger? That seems harsh to me when it was clear he was avoided. Please discuss
        By your own standards Slappy Joe was a boring coward.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
          By your own standards Slappy Joe was a boring coward.
          crudely put but that is a point. Was it joes style that means he is overlooked? Joe didnt have the most aesthetic style going compared to someone like a roy jones.

Comment

he's better than Marvin Hagler. I know that much. most overrated ATG of all time.

Comment

Golovkin would've destroyed Calzaghe. Calzaghe's resume is doodoo

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                Golovkin would've destroyed Calzaghe. Calzaghe's resume is doodoo
                no way, neither fighter would have destroyed the other. I'd favour calzaghe (the bigger man) against golovkin, that would have been a hell of an ask for golovkin to go up to 168 and beat someone like calzaghe. A stylistic nightmare for golovkin too

Comment

Calzaghe style was hard to beat,isane work rate and stamina,top wins in SMW by some standards we can call him ATG its debatable,he won over many good fighters but 2 biggest wins are over old fighters its hard to find good prime win for Joe.

Comment

no way, neither fighter would have destroyed the other. I'd favour calzaghe (the bigger man) against golovkin, that would have been a hell of an ask for golovkin to go up to 168 and beat someone like calzaghe. A stylistic nightmare for golovkin too
                    No way broheim. Golovkin flicks a jab on Calzaghe and round 1 is over!

Comment

Working...
                    X