Canelo's Punching Power Is Overrated... Gif study

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
    Lets see you on the bag...hell lets see your picture
    why do you wanna see pictures of the posters? seriously? maybe everyone else isn't stupid enough to share personal data on the internet like some

Comment

Man pulled back off a jab,countered with a uppercut and rolled under a hook and you post it like it's a bad thing??? wow
      power is not skill.

do you know how to stay on topic?

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
        Accuracy matters more than power in boxing. He hit him at such an angle that didn't really turn Cotto's head enough to jolt the brain.

If you watch a guy like Kovalev who seems to have freak power he is very accurate, sometimes he doesn't even have his feet under him so his power can't be THAT high but he knows how to turn a chin.

i don't think you understand the point. of course it's power because accuracy was already there. look at the gif. i already explained it in the first post. Timing is there. right in the middle of Cotto moving in to throw a punch. placement is right on the chin.

the fact is Canelo hit Cotto with a flush uppercut right on the chin with full leverage. do you get it? the placement couldn't be better.

couldn't even rock him.

Comment

No one is hyping up Canelo's punching power. He does what he has to do in the ring by knocking out atleast 2/3 fighters he's faced. Not bad.

No one saying he's some sort of power machine. Lol. Dumb thread.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
            No one is hyping up Canelo's punching power. He does what he has to do in the ring by knocking out atleast 2/3 fighters he's faced. Not bad.

No one saying he's some sort of power machine. Lol. Dumb thread.

nobody?

http://www.*************.com/threads...-genna.573654/

Comment

I think a lot of people assume he hits really hard because of his size and how much he often winds up on his power punches. But that really just demonstrates he doesn't have a lot of natural power, he needs to put a lot more effort in.

Canelo is a very skilled boxer in other areas, like countering, as that gif shows. Focusing on his power is missing the point of what makes him an excellent boxer.
              Last edited by Shrap; 09-29-2016, 05:55 PM.

Comment

...hell lets see your picture
                I think it's in his avi.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post

Feet wide apart. Puncher's stance with max leverage. Cotto in the middle of throwing a punch, does not see the shot coming as he's moving forward, Canelo has full wind-up on the punch. hits nothing but that sweet chin.

does not even wobble Cotto.

just LMAO
                  Elite level boxing. I love this gif.

Cotto can't defend an uppercut to save his life.
                  Last edited by Dinamita 03; 09-29-2016, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
                    Elite level boxing. I love this gif.

Cotto can't defend an uppercut to save his life.

Cotto at the end of his shelf life being outweighed 15 lbs arguably beat Canelo.

nothing to brag about.

Comment

You lack boxing knowledge i see..his feet are wide so that he can avoid the incoming punch by placing the weight on his backfoot and rolling under..that is excellent defense...The shot was not meant to be a ko blow...That was great ring generalship....Learn the sport son
                      An uppercut in general is usually not meant to be a KO blow. Canelo doesnt have one punch KO power but he has enough. His lack of activity is what stops him from KOing opponents.

Comment

Working...
                      X