Google overtakes Apple as world's most valuable brand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google overtakes Apple as world's most valuable brand

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...ble-brand.html
    Google has been named ahead of Apple as the world's most valuable brand, according to a new survey.
    Apple's brand value fell by 20pc in the past year to just under $148bn (£88bn), conceding the spot it held for three years to Google, whose value increased by 40pc to $159bn, according to Millward Brown’s BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands ranking.
    Google's investment in its self-driving cars project, Google Glass and numerous Android partnerships, including its forthcoming line of smartwatches, resulted in $15.4bn of revenue in the last financial quarter and profits of $3.45bn.
    Technology brands dominated the top positions, with fastest pace of growth in brand value.
    Facebook's brand value rose 68pc to around $36bn, putting it 21st in the rankings, while Chinese internet portal Tencent is now worth just over $53bn - a significant 97pc rise on last year and taking it up 7 places to 14th.
    Related Articles
    Google's YouTube to buy Twitch? 20 May 2014
    People should not be allowed to erase their history from internet, says David Cameron 19 May 2014
    Rubik's cube invention: 40 years old and never meant to be a toy 19 May 2014
    Apple and Google end smartphone litigation 17 May 2014
    Apple and Google end litigation 19 May 2014
    Google's playable virtual Rubik's Cube 19 May 2014
    Growth at Samsung, Yahoo and Siemens' growth was more restrained, at 21pc, 44pc and 36pc respectively.
    New entries to the ranking include Twitter, worth $14bn and LinkedIn, with a value of $12bn. They were ranked 71st and 78th respectively.
    Peter Walshe, Global BrandZ Director at Millward Brown, said: “Digital service brands such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, Tencent and LinkedIn are now more than just tools, they have become part of our lives.
    "They offer new forms of communication that absorb people’s attention and imagination, while also helping them organise the rest of their lives at the same time. To gain more of our mind-space brands such as Google are making ambitious plays across existing category

steve jobs is dead.

apple is only going downhill.

how much more crap can you put in an iphone until you have to actually come up with a new product?

Comment

i thought it already did

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        i thought it already did
        I'm the same. I figured Google would have been P4P#1 for a few years now.

Comment

Per share Google cost more to buy previously

Now it is more valuable

And to think that 13 years a go it was a search engine

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnar Lothbrok View Post
            steve jobs is dead.

apple is only going downhill.

how much more crap can you put in an iphone until you have to actually come up with a new product?
            Yeah cook is buying beats from Dre... Apple needs someone to reinvent it... Not add on to it...

Comment

We made it baby

Google are what's popping right now.

Comment

Hey, where's Breakbeat, I haven't seen this fool online in a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Krewella Boyy View Post
                  We made it baby

Google are what's popping right now.
                  we started from the bottom and look at where we are baby

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                    Hey, where's Breakbeat, I haven't seen this fool online in a minute.

im pretty sure he changed his name...i forget to what doe

Comment

Working...
                    X