No announcement yet.

Heredia secretly working with 9 world champions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
    I mean it's not undeard of that a trainer is responsible for many fighters. Look at Robert Garcia for example, I think he has 5(6 befor Marquez loss) world champions at the same time and a number of up and comers.
    He has Pavlik, Rios, Garcia, Maidana, Donaire and was training Marquez. Plus the up and comers. At one point we can replace Marquez with Margarito and his brother in law. It's not like they ALL have fights at the same time...
    A trainer, no, it's not unheard of. But when it does happen we all know who he is.

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    You didn't hear about him before the last Marquez fight?

And why are you trying to change the subject? The issue wasn't whether working with 9 champs was normal (if they are all in the same gym, then it makes sense--Justin Fortune worked with every champ out of Wildcard in his day), it's whether or not he's a good coach--which you said he can't be.
    I'm not changing the subject. I'm saying that I find the situation to be suspicious. The number of fighters he's working with, under the radar, is part and parcel of that suspicion.

Again, name the other conditioning coach (or coaches) working with 9 world champs right now if you think it's so normal. And if you can't don't get mad with me about it.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
      but why are the other guys so silent? at least with conte guys like ward and rios have acknowledged working with him..its only been marquez and that's because heredia was exposed by conte when he showed up on 24/7 giving a fake name.
      maybe the other guys are quiet because they aren't in the media like the bigger names are?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        A trainer, no, it's not unheard of. But when it does happen we all know who he is.
        You know why? because he's a HEAD trainer. S&C coaches are low profile. We only began to hear so much about them because of Ariza's work with Pacquiao moving him up in weight and Ariza being media friendly.

Earnie said it already, even Ariza was low profile when he was working with other fighters including Corrales when he was the #2 jr light weight.

Comment

I'm not changing the subject. I'm saying that I find the situation to be suspicious. The number of fighters he's working with, under the radar, is part and parcel of that suspicion.

Again, name the other conditioning coach (or coaches) working with 9 world champs right now if you think it's so normal. And if you can't don't get mad with me about it.
          You are changing the subject. You said he can't be that good of a conditioning coach. And when I pressed you, you start talking about his publicity (or lack thereof), as if that means he's not a good coach or something. Actually the fact that he's working with nine champs indicates that he's pretty ****ing good. And as far as naming other conditioning coaches...can you even name NINE conditioning coaches? No - because unless the fighter is a star, there name isn't out there. So it's entirely possible. ****, off the top off my head Ariza was worked with about five or six--that I knew of. Same with Fortune.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            they develop and use the drugs before tests are created, obviously. it couldn't work any other way. and according to conte, there are PED's that will leave the system in a day.

finally, depending on who you talk to, there is no accurate test for certain forms of growth hormone.
            Of course there isn't. There are loopholes/shortcuts in all aspects of life. Conte knows this, yet JMM's coach is the one being picked apart by fans, Conte & to a certain extent, Roach himself.

I'm sure trials are being ran on all kinds of people, athletic or not, for a new & improved type of drug. You hear that all the time. But we'll be a lot closer if there were more tests done year round, randomly. The thing with shortcuts is that eventually everyone will figure them out and soon be exposed anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Actually the fact that he's working with nine champs indicates that he's pretty ****ing good.
              Or he's providing them all with steroids.

Comment

Or he's providing them all with steroids.
                That wouldn't make him any different than most others so yeah ok.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
                  but why are the other guys so silent? at least with conte guys like ward and rios have acknowledged working with him..its only been marquez and that's because heredia was exposed by conte when he showed up on 24/7 giving a fake name.
                  To be honest, I've heard more from Conte then I have from his fighters. And Froch wanted better testing for his fight with Ward but it never materialized for whatever reason. Then would've been an ideal moment for someone not named Donaire to step up.

Endorsing osdt/better testing and going through it are 2 separate things

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
                    You know why? because he's a HEAD trainer. S&C coaches are low profile. We only began to hear so much about them because of Ariza's work with Pacquiao moving him up in weight and Ariza being media friendly.

Earnie said it already, even Ariza was low profile when he was working with other fighters including Corrales when he was the #2 jr light weight.
                    But there's a difference between having a regular S&C coach like Ariza and having a former PED dealer as a S&C coach. I generally don't give a fuck about fighter's S&C coach and they should remain low profile. But having a former known PED dealer as a S&C coach is something a fighter should need to disclose to the public.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                      But there's a difference between having a regular S&C coach like Ariza and having a former PED dealer as a S&C coach. I generally don't give a fuck about fighter's S&C coach and they should remain low profile. But having a former PED dealer as a S&C coach is something a fighter should need to disclose.
                      What if the former S&C coach studied under the former PED dealer?

Comment

Working...
                      X