Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Margaritto ever an Elite level fighter???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
    Based on experience, HEART, chin, pressure. Did you see the look on Berto's face when he was dealt with pressure with Ortiz? Multiply that x2, even with a washed up Margarito.

Maybe I did go overboard with the raping but beat them clearly, yea. My bad.
    But the thing is, Paul Williams is more or less considered a bum on these boards, yet he holds a win over prime Margarito........so was that just a bad matchup for Margs, or is Williams better than what we give him credit for....

Comment

he wasn't as elite as baldomir but he was ok.

Comment

Originally posted by -KPB- View Post
        But the thing is, Paul Williams is more or less considered a bum on these boards, yet he holds a win over prime Margarito........so was that just a bad matchup for Margs, or is Williams better than what we give him credit for....
        Williams is not a bum at all. Yea I've talked shit about him but even I know he's not a bum.

Comment

No he was a brawler that never had any skills.

Comment

Depends how you define elite. He was never a spectacular fighter, but he was most definitely world class.

Comment

Can any of you morons who are claiming that Margarito was never elite give me more than 5 names that are greater than Margarito in this era? PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME. @ you idiots claiming a Berto win makes Ortiz a better fighter than Margarito.
              Mayweather
              Pac
              Hopkins
              Marquez
              Mosley

Just off the top of my head

Comment

Margaritos career is in full question since the mosley fight.elite is even out of the casual fans mind.some of his fans on here make him more then what he really is.other then the cotto win what has he done since 2008? Get crucified by mosley,had a tune up against garcia with 15k buys lol, and later received an ass woopin by pacquiao.if he doesn't get healed in time expect another tune up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper417 View Post
                  Mayweather
                  Pac
                  Hopkins
                  Marquez
                  Mosley

Just off the top of my head
                  MY bad if I forgot to mention, in the WW division. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by andyp513 View Post
                    Margaritos career is in full question since the mosley fight.elite is even out of the casual fans mind.some of his fans on here make him more then what he really is.other then the cotto win what has he done since 2008? Get crucified by mosley,had a tune up against garcia with 15k buys lol, and later received an ass woopin by pacquiao.if he doesn't get healed in time expect another tune up.
                    What has Cotto done in the last couple of fights? He's had 2 tune ups and got his ass whooped by the same guy that whooped Cotto, so please don't give me this shit on how we are making him out to be more when Cotto Stans do it worse.

Comment

MY bad if I forgot to mention, in the WW division. Sorry.
                      haha cool man I was assuming you didn't mean that. WW division is tough and depends on how you define ERA.

Mayweather
                      Pac
                      Trinidad
                      Cotto
                      Mosley

Possibly those 5 but I definitely see your point.

Comment

Working...
                      X