Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• geezus christ Rocco

dont bother watching it bro...since you've already made up your mind

and SG, i shouldnt have even bothered with someone who was entertained with Paranormal Activity

agree to disagree gentlemen

Comment

• Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
      geezus christ Rocco

dont bother watching it bro...since you've already made up your mind

and SG, i shouldnt have even bothered with someone who was entertained with Paranormal Activity

agree to disagree gentlemen
      nahh bro I'm just saying to the people who call it real that the proof is in the pudding thats all. I'm into all these types of movies and you can see that with all the reviews of movies I have watched. I'll watch it in due time, I'm sure it looks real and feels real and makes you really think which is the best part of movies.

Comment

• Four Lions

Dark comedy about four British-Muslim terrorists directed by the guy that made Brass Eye (cult classic Brit comedy show). It's hilarious and easily one of the best films released in 2010.

8/10

---

The Thin Red Line

Cerebral war epic made by Terrence Malick. Don't go into this film expecting Saving Private Ryan; it's very light on action for a war film, but it does offer probably the most poignant and accurate portrayal of war ever seen in film for my money along with the amazing art direction and brooding, almost ethereal characters that Malick is known for. It's long and slow paced but completely enthralling, and an absolute must see for anyone with a real interest in cinema.

9/10

---

Suspiria

One of my personal favourite horror films. Best atmospheric soundtrack EVER. The ambiance is, at times, completely overbearing and really instills a sense of dread in you.

9/10

---

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

The film that saved Robert Downey Junior's career. Stylish neo-noir that doesn't take itself too seriously. Or seriously at all for that matter. Very fun watch but you might find yourself lost in the twists and turns if you don't pay attention.

8/10

---

Jackie Brown

Tarantino's finest hour imo. The genre really allows him to shine; the snappy dialogue, the inherent self awareness, the B-movie homages - it all works perfectly. I'm not a big fan of Tarantino on the whole, in fact I find him largely insufferable, but everything just undeniably clicked into place for this movie. Will be remembered by me as the twin peak of his career along with Pulp Fiction.

8/10

---

Pi

In anticipation of Aronofsky's latest, Black Swan, I gave this another watch recently and subsequently decided it's his best work to date. It's a vaguely sci-fi psychological thriller about a maths genius trying to crack the code of life. That is, he's literally trying to find the mathematical pattern that exists in everything and governs space and time - it's discovery would thus reap benefits such as the ability to predict the future of the stock markets. The pursuit begins to take its toll on his mind however as he inches closer and closer to the formula. In case you're unaware of Aronofsky he's probably America's foremost directing talent from the current batch and is probably best known for Requiem for a Dream and The Wrestler - two more awesome films that everyone should see (for the sake of this thread I'll give them both the score of 9/10).

9/10
        Last edited by S.G.; 10-06-2010, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• i just watched Cecil de Milles 10 commandments the special effects was epic!

Comment

• Just saw The Basketball Diaries for the first time

Strange it took me so long 'cause I'm a big Leo fan. Great movie. One of Dicaprio's best performances especially because he was so young. I didn't even know Marky Mark was in it 'til I saw it. Very solid movie. Great story and comes together nicely.

8.8/10

Comment

• finally saw donnie darko and...wtf???

I give it a ???, based on the fact you have to do online research to figure it out.

Saw devils rejects again - 9
              House of 1000 corpses - 7

Assault on Precinct 13 - too predicable. 6.5

o brother where art thou - 8

runaways - 8

couples retreat - 6.5

clash of the titans - 7.5
              Last edited by shogunn; 09-29-2010, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• Onibaba 1964
                AKA The Devil Woman.

Meant to be a really scary Japanese horror. Was very decent, not really scary, but i can see how it can scare people.

Comment

• Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
                  ok SG....aliens dont exist and documented accounts dating from the 60s in Alaska alone were just made up

and that Paranormal Activity was better
                  Yep the 60's. When everyone was watching movies about flying saucers and aliens invading earth.

How ironic.....movies...aliens....movies....

Anyway, im d/l this shiiitty movie, and if its really shiiitty, someone heres gonna get their ass kicked!
                  Last edited by The Noose; 09-29-2010, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• "Tell-Tale"

This is a movie about a guy that needs a heart transplant and he is given a heart from a guy who was murdered and the case was never solved and he see's the killers through his eye's and takes vengence on the murder against the men who did it. Movie was kind of fast paced too much in the first 30 minutes then it starts to get interesting and is that way until the end. A good suspense movie nothing special but it was ok.

Rocco Rating 6 out of 10

Comment

• Originally posted by shogunn View Post
                      finally saw donnie darko and...wtf???

I give it a ???, based on the fact you have to do online research to figure it out.

Saw devils rejects again - 9
                      House of 1000 corpses - 7

Assault on Precinct 13 - too predicable. 6.5

o brother where art thou - 8

runaways - 8

couples retreat - 6.5

clash of the titans - 7.5

donnie darko might be the most over rated movie of all time I think. I don't get why people nutted over it. And not cause I don't get it. Just tried to hard.

Comment

Working...
                      X