Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come some people can do like 300 or 500 push-ups a day?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come some people can do like 300 or 500 push-ups a day?

I've been working out since I was like 12 and *****23 yrs old now, and everytime I workout my muscles are sore-for like 2-3 days depending on how intense the workout was. So my question to you is how can some people do 300-500 push-ups a day? Wouldn't that added up make yourself be overtraining and trying to workout your muscles while your sore?

I was told its not good for your muscles to work them out while they're sore and in the healing process.

did you parents ever do any kind of competitive sports?
    or maybe your overrating your ''intense'' workouts

and working out while your muscles are healing are fine aslong as you dont overdue it
    fact is working out during the healing process actually speeds up the rebuilding of your muscles because your sending more blood in

Comment

Originally posted by Chr0nic View Post
      did you parents ever do any kind of competitive sports?
      or maybe your overrating your ''intense'' workouts

and working out while your muscles are healing are fine aslong as you dont overdue it
      fact is working out during the healing process actually speeds up the rebuilding of your muscles because your sending more blood in
      Working your muscles out when they're sore is safe to do? Omg, its so ****ing painful I thought I was told that it can cause overtraining and muscle loss and more injuries if you do train while sore...

Comment

strecthing is your best friend

Comment

Originally posted by Chr0nic View Post
          That is absolutely incorrect. Light exercise helps decrease lactic acid buildup and will make you marginally less sore the day after a brutal workout, but don't work out hard when you're still sore from a previous workout. You will overtrain and you can develop long-term problems. Do some stretching and maybe go for an easy run.

Muscle is built as an extension of the healing process, and is built during recovery and rest. This is why bodybuilders have a chest day, a leg day, an arm day, a back day, etc.

I have to be concerned, though. If you think the pain from doing pushups is "OMG so ****ing bad," boxing is probably not your sport. What happens to you in the ring is gonna hurt ten times worse.

Comment

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post
            I have to be concerned, though. If you think the pain from doing pushups is "OMG so ****ing bad," boxing is probably not your sport. What happens to you in the ring is gonna hurt ten times worse.
            If that was directed at me, I work more then one muscle at on my workout days. I work my triceps, traps, biceps, chest, shoulders all in one day workout.

Push-ups
            Bench pressing
            Pull-ups
            Tricep extensions
            Shoulder raises
            and so on

Comment

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post
              That is absolutely incorrect. Light exercise helps decrease lactic acid buildup and will make you marginally less sore the day after a brutal workout, but don't work out hard when you're still sore from a previous workout. You will overtrain and you can develop long-term problems. Do some stretching and maybe go for an easy run.

Muscle is built as an extension of the healing process, and is built during recovery and rest. This is why bodybuilders have a chest day, a leg day, an arm day, a back day, etc.

yep, cut out the bit where im sayin just dont overdue it

Comment

You just get used to doing those kinds of numbers. When I first started out, I was doing about 100 a day. Then slowly built up to about 400-500 a day. Some days I even did over 1000.

Your body just gets used to it to the point where your muscles aren't sore the next day from doing 300+ pushups a day.

Comment

I used to do 500 a day in sets of 50, once I did 467 taking rests but keeping a hand on the floor and pushup position, its not that hard if you do them everyday and try to do a few more every time.

Comment

Day on day of rest. Push ups one day dips the other and sit ups. You have to keep up the same program. You lay off your body will let you know. Keep the same program and you will train your muscles

Comment

Working...
                    X