No announcement yet.

All I Want To Do Is Box

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All I Want To Do Is Box

ive realised that all i want to do is box, im adicted.
    i am constantly reading about boxing on the internet for hours on end finding things to help me out. ive recently been injured and im so desprate just to get back and box at my gym, im shadow boxing down the street and most of the day i day dream about boxing for a profesional job, i love boxing and couldnt imagine doing anyting else as a job.

ok i need some advice.
    im 15 almost 16 and alomst finsihed school and all my freinds are registerd for collages and the besat thing for me is an art collage.
    i truly know how hard it is to be a profesional and know i may never achive it,
    but how do i go about telling my parents or whatever about me wanting it box.

im close to my first amature fight, and my boxing could be gratly improved however i fell my bopxing brain is really strong and i know lots about boxing,

do i go to collage (art) AND JUST SEE HOW BOXING GOES?
    do i forget collage and focus on home boxing trainign and hoping to make it.
    ??????????

its like i feel that i am going to be a boxer when im older and i think that to myself but tell knowone else and i feel my dream could be slipping away if i dont make plans soon.

i really really understand how hard it is btw

how can i go about leaving school, and boxing training to be good amature fighter, eating, ect....

i know this sounds like one of those stupid dreams and **** we see on here all the time but, i cant help it and need advice..lol

p.s ...deep down i know alot of people on this site share this dream so just give some advice ...no piss taking plz
    Last edited by mr tricky; 01-14-2008, 04:00 PM.

I'd simply say keep your options open at this early stage of life of your life. I think you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket, if i were you i'd go to college and then put all your free time in boxing and training, build up your amateur fights, discover your strengths and weaknesses in the sport and then and only then think about going fulltime. Such a decision is not easy to make and it requires much support and self discovery. I went through the same thing at your age and i decided to go to university, i can honestly say that to me boxing is a hobby and one i take very seriously but isn't my life. I wish you the best of luck for your upcoming fight and your endeavours. And remember don't get caught up so much in your dreams you forget to think.

P.S. The best way to handle parents is to compromise.

Comment

Not meaning to sound like I'm hating here becuase I think your a pretty sound guy and has helped a lot of people out on here. But don't ya think its a bit premature if you havn't had an amateur fight yet though? Speak to your trainer and see what he thinks. If your sure about it why not?

Comment

Go to college/university man. If anything it'l keep you busier and out of trouble as well. I know when i was in school along with training i wasnt out as much because along with training, i was thinking "well i do have this test to study for" But now that i took a year off of school its i train during the day then i'l go out at night. Just because i have the time too.

Comment

Originally posted by p4pking_2007 View Post
          Not meaning to sound like I'm hating here becuase I think your a pretty sound guy and has helped a lot of people out on here. But don't ya think its a bit premature if you havn't had an amateur fight yet though? Speak to your trainer and see what he thinks. If your sure about it why not?
          me or mr tricky

Comment

Originally posted by mightymouse2k View Post
            me or mr tricky
            Tricky.....................

Comment

Originally posted by p4pking_2007 View Post
              Tricky.....................
              Sorry mate, misread your post

Comment

Fight and train whilst at college. You'll have alot more free time than if you got a job.

Build up your Am fights, see if you like it, see if you're any good.. then... if all goes well.. get a few pro fights if you really want. You can still study and be semi-pro.

If you then suddenly find yourself 15-0 with 15KO's then i'd say..yeah.. quit your job and go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyb View Post
                  Fight and train whilst at college. You'll have alot more free time than if you got a job.

Build up your Am fights, see if you like it, see if you're any good.. then... if all goes well.. get a few pro fights if you really want. You can still study and be semi-pro.

If you then suddenly find yourself 15-0 with 15KO's then i'd say..yeah.. quit your job and go for it.
                  Thumbs way the hell up. Go to college. Box while you're there. There are a couple of guys -- and one girl -- at my gym who are in college and compete in the am's.

Comment

Originally posted by mr tricky View Post
                    ive realised that all i want to do is box, im adicted.
                    i am constantly reading about boxing on the internet for hours on end finding things to help me out. ive recently been injured and im so desprate just to get back and box at my gym, im shadow boxing down the street and most of the day i day dream about boxing for a profesional job, i love boxing and couldnt imagine doing anyting else as a job.

ok i need some advice.
                    im 15 almost 16 and alomst finsihed school and all my freinds are registerd for collages and the besat thing for me is an art collage.
                    i truly know how hard it is to be a profesional and know i may never achive it,
                    but how do i go about telling my parents or whatever about me wanting it box.

im close to my first amature fight, and my boxing could be gratly improved however i fell my bopxing brain is really strong and i know lots about boxing,

do i go to collage (art) AND JUST SEE HOW BOXING GOES?
                    do i forget collage and focus on home boxing trainign and hoping to make it.
                    ??????????

its like i feel that i am going to be a boxer when im older and i think that to myself but tell knowone else and i feel my dream could be slipping away if i dont make plans soon.

i really really understand how hard it is btw

how can i go about leaving school, and boxing training to be good amature fighter, eating, ect....

i know this sounds like one of those stupid dreams and **** we see on here all the time but, i cant help it and need advice..lol

p.s ...deep down i know alot of people on this site share this dream so just give some advice ...no piss taking plz
                    first of all goto school.... juan diaz goes to college and is a champion.. its do able... you gata have something to fall back on, incase those multimillion dollar paydays never come... what happens if ur not quite as good as youd hoped and you never went to school and got a degree? you definitely wanna make plans to goto school... if it were me, and i was that serious... id find a school with a boxing gym nearby, and i make my class schedule based around my training time... it would be a lot of hard work on both sides... but it would be your absolute best, full proof plan... good luck kid

Comment

Working...
                    X