Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Easter vs. Cruz - PBC on Bounce TV Does Solid Ratings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No reason why Mikey vs Easter can't happen now. Both are available and are both PBC/SHO fighters. What is the excuse this time? Who is ducking who?

Comment

wait it's 1.5 mil for two telecasts combined... not just the live... that's not good. why do these boxingscene articles on pbc ratings always read like press releases, like advertisements for pbc, not like objective news reports... it's weird...

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
        No reason why Mikey vs Easter can't happen now. Both are available and are both PBC/SHO fighters. What is the excuse this time? Who is ducking who?
        easter has his mandatory next.. what they need to do is put them on the same card over the summer then unify, easy build up
        Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
        wait it's 1.5 mil for two telecasts combined... not just the live... that's not good. why do these boxingscene articles on pbc ratings always read like press releases, like advertisements for pbc, not like objective news reports... it's weird...
        half a million is good for bounce tv

Comment

Every single Bounce boxing telecast has been reported with ridiculously good ratings. Better than the ESPN and Spike cards. I just don't buy it. There must be tomfoolery going on here.

Comment

These numbers are:

1. Not surprising. Bounce is only bundled on basic cable/TV in urban markets with large African American audiences.

2. PBC gives Bounce it's highest ratings. Which is why it pays PBC for their cards.

3. Recently read an article about cable TV ratings in the Wall Street journal. (The article was about Viacom and its decision to focus on six channels; there is an infographic that ranks channels by average viewers). It showed that boxing much like other sports do remarkably good ratings for cable channels. (Even ESPN) For example, the average numbers of viewers on Spike (and many other channels) is lower than what PBC averages on the station. Which explains why they pay PBC a fee as well.
            Last edited by Butch.McRae; 02-14-2017, 06:54 PM.

Comment

The Number would be higher if people could actually FIND that damn Network without having to pull out Rabbit Ears Antennas just to find it lol But it was a Solid Card!

Comment

Good numbers for Mr. Easter. He's developing a good fan base for himself.

His skills are developing nicely. He's a match up problem for this division.

Comment

I could've swore that Bounce's last fight had a live stream. I couldn't find it for this fight and I sure as hell wasn't about to go through the hassle of searching for an antenna. 1st world problems, b

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                    I could've swore that Bounce's last fight had a live stream. I couldn't find it for this fight and I sure as hell wasn't about to go through the hassle of searching for an antenna. 1st world problems, b
                    I recall a FB stream? for one of Tank's fights (maybe not FB, but there was definitely a stream)

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                      What was the excuse last time? I don't recall this fight being discussed until they both fought this last time

Comment

Working...
                      X