Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would have happened?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do you think Holyfield got stopped in the 3rd Bowe fight? I think it is because he got timed nice with a right hand. He lost to moorer because he kept eating jabs, which was a hallmark of his career. Do you honestly think he had a heart condition and fought on for another quarter century?

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
      If he had fought Holyfield then it would have been close, but I would actually favor Tyson over that younger version of Holyfield. Young, smaller and less powerful Holyfield was prone to slugfests and had gotten into serious trouble even against a journeyman like Cooper, and Tyson back then still did not have any quit in him as proven in the Ruddock fights, and I simply can't see Holyfield coming out on top slugging with Tyson.

Mid to late 90s Holyfield beats early 90s Tyson with his grappling on the inside to shut out Tyson and push him back, though a more polished Tyson of the 80s I believe would edge out a win.
      Finally some love for Tyson..

I am surprised to find such a landslide for Holyifeld here...

Most ppl over here in Australia believe that the only reason that Holyfield beat Tyson was because Tyson had ring rust from time in jail and pumped too many weights in there slowing him down.

Most believe that prime Tyson would have easily destroyed Holyfield.

It's interesting how different groups arrive at different conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
        Finally some love for Tyson..

I am surprised to find such a landslide for Holyifeld here...

Most ppl over here in Australia believe that the only reason that Holyfield beat Tyson was because Tyson had ring rust from time in jail and pumped too many weights in there slowing him down.

Most believe that prime Tyson would have easily destroyed Holyfield.

It's interesting how different groups arrive at different conclusions.
        That's because they don't know Holyfield..

Evander from 84-92 was one of the greatest fighters ever.. Not a defensive genius so he did get rocked at times, but he most certainly would outwork mike in the 2nd half and stop him or make him quit..
        Any fight that mike went 12 rounds, he was always comfortable ahead and the other guy just looked to survive ie bonecrusher tucker, ruddock 2.. None of those guys were really a threat in the 2nd half of the fight.. Evander would be a threat, and is one of the few guys that could be dropped by mike but not get scared and come firing back.. He would fold mike every time, in 88, 90, 92,96,2000, right now... Evander just has what it takes to beat mike

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          That's because they don't know Holyfield..

Evander from 84-92 was one of the greatest fighters ever.. Not a defensive genius so he did get rocked at times, but he most certainly would outwork mike in the 2nd half and stop him or make him quit..
          Any fight that mike went 12 rounds, he was always comfortable ahead and the other guy just looked to survive ie bonecrusher tucker, ruddock 2.. None of those guys were really a threat in the 2nd half of the fight.. Evander would be a threat, and is one of the few guys that could be dropped by mike but not get scared and come firing back.. He would fold mike every time, in 88, 90, 92,96,2000, right now... Evander just has what it takes to beat mike
          I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just very divided on it personally. Tyson was also one of the most skilled and effective boxers ever too and with as great a defence as offence.

And you are completely right that Holyfield is less known career wise than Tyson over here.

Comment

Working...
          X