Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is Boxing...a Broke Nose... really !!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
    you will never make me look like an idiot...Accidents happen. There was never a warning or point taken. Accidents happen! You asked if it is legal. If you head butt someone on purpose...its an illegal blow/butt! If you accidentally :ANYWORD: hit or butt someone...you will be asked to watch it. And if you dont and keep doing the same thing over and over it becomes apparent that it is now intentional! Which becomes illegal! Headbutts are not used as Legal forms of hitting in Boxing....that is to be only used by the two hands of a fighter. But accidents to happen and a fighter will not be penalized for illegal blow or butt unless it is intentional.

I'm done here.

Comment

Boxingscene is SOS tonight.

I see we got some ******s on full throttle tonight.

Did anyone ever think to just look to the rule book on how to handle a situation like this?

It's a shame this is even up for debate. This is why I barely even post anymore, but oh well, here goes nothing:

"If an unintentional foul causes the bout to be stopped immediately, the bout is ruled a "no contest" if four rounds have not been fully completed. (If the bout was scheduled for four rounds, then three rounds must have been completed.) If four rounds have been completed, the judges' scorecards are tallied and the fighter who is ahead on points is awarded a technical decision. If the scores are even, it will be called a "technical draw."

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Rules_of_Boxing

Damn shame I had to take the time out to post something that takes common sense.

Oh well, back to retirement I go

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post

Did anyone ever think to just look to the rule book on how to handle a situation like this?

It's a shame this is even up for debate. This is why I barely even post anymore, but oh well, here goes nothing:

"If an unintentional foul causes the bout to be stopped immediately, the bout is ruled a "no contest" if four rounds have not been fully completed. (If the bout was scheduled for four rounds, then three rounds must have been completed.) If four rounds have been completed, the judges' scorecards are tallied and the fighter who is ahead on points is awarded a technical decision. If the scores are even, it will be called a "technical draw."

Damn shame I had to take the time out to post something that takes common sense.

I think I'm coming with you.

This is just getting out of control now.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post

I'm done here.
          you were done a long time ago. Why ask a dumb question and then when you get schooled youre done :AOR: dont ask dumb questions anymore.....

Comment

I'll repeat what I said in another thread here

"Do I find it kinda odd and strange the fight ended the way it did? Yes i do.

Do I see the reasoning behind the fight being stopped? Yes I do.

Garcia was fighting great. Then the butt happened = Nose got broken.

Now if the fight was allowed to continue and a good punch on the nose at some point after suddenly caused Garcia's eyes to blow up and close, where do they go? What if he could no longer breath due to that foul, then opens his mouth to breath, gets clipped in the jaw and gets his jaw broken? That could turn out to be a complete mess and even a far worse controversy.

I will sum this up to be one of those oddities the sport sometimes sees. The butt looked intentional and not intentional at the same time. I think Salido was trying rough up Garcia and looked to make contact to see if he could throw Garcia off his game. It was a calculated risk that did cause an injury. He did it by an illegal means. Sh|t happens"

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post

wow...you can copy and paste! Duhhhh! Doesnt even have shlt to do with a fighter fighting on with a little hurt nose....:AOR:

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                I'll repeat what I said in another thread here

"Do I find it kinda odd and strange the fight ended the way it did? Yes i do.

Do I see the reasoning behind the fight being stopped? Yes I do.

Garcia was fighting great. Then the butt happened = Nose got broken.

Now if the fight was allowed to continue and a good punch on the nose at some point after suddenly caused Garcia's eyes to blow up and close, where do they go? What if he could no longer breath due to that foul, then opens his mouth to breath, gets clipped in the jaw and gets his jaw broken? That could turn out to be a complete mess and even a far worse controversy.

I will sum this up to be one of those oddities the sport sometimes sees. The butt looked intentional and not intentional at the same time. I think Salido was trying rough up Garcia and looked to make contact to see if he could throw Garcia off his game. It was a calculated risk that did cause an injury. He did it by an illegal means. Sh|t happens"
                :qqq: :qqq:

Comment

Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
                  when the doctor stops it

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                  when the doctor stops it

when the doctor stops it

Originally posted by Fury View Post
                  when the doctor stops it
                  Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                  when the doctor stops it
                  Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  If Garcia stopped it, but when the doctor stops it..
                  Originally posted by elijahlyric View Post
                  When the dr stops it
                  Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
                  when the doctor stops itwhen the doctor stops it
                  when teh stops itwhen dohctor itwehn teh dohctor stops exit

wehn teh dohctor stopping eit!
                  when the doctor stops it

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    That was caused by a punch
                    thats true wasnt thinking about that

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
                      So headbutts are completely legal blows as long as they're unintentional?

Really think about what you're saying here.

I'm giving you some time to not look like an idiot.
                      Am afraid its much to late for Packla-boy.

GOT SMELLING SALTS?!!

Comment

Working...
                      X