Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will Canelo Alvarez fight on May 4th?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will Canelo Alvarez fight on May 4th?

Richard Schaefer has made it clear that Canelo is fighting on may 4th with Mayweather probably fighting Guerrero in the main event the question becomes who will be canelo's opponent?
    I was sure it would be Cotto even though he was beaten by trout but with him deciding to take a few months off and probably not fighting till the end of this year it becomes anyones guess as to who will be canelos may 4th opponent so here are the other top junior middleweights that canelo could POSSIBLY fight.
    Austin Trout,Cornelius Bundrage,James Kirkland,Carlos Molina,Zaurbek Baysangurov,Erislandy Lara,Vanes Martirosyan,Alfredo Angulo.
    So lets eliminate some of these. Schaefer expects to have canelos opponent done by the end of this year. Bundrage is fighting Ishe smith,Molina is fighting spinks,Martirosyan is with top rank and a rematch with lara seems to be in the works as well,Kirkland is still being stupid and trying to get away from golden boy so that realistically leaves trout,baysangurov,and angulo. Baysangurov is a LONG shot so that leaves two so who will it be
    Austin "No Doubt" Trout or Alfredo "El Perro" Angulo?
    Austin Trout
    14.63%
    Alfredo Angulo
    19.51%
    Someone Else
    65.85%
    Last edited by -DSG-; 12-20-2012, 03:09 PM.

I can tell you who he wont fight..he wont be fighting Trout..or Keith Thurman..or any legit 154 pounder..

Comment

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
      I can tell you who he wont fight..he wont be fighting Trout..or Keith Thurman..or any legit 154 pounder..
      I dont know man if theyre trying to build up a mayweather fight they need to step up big time.

Comment

probably marcos maidana...

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
          probably marcos maidana...
          that would be pretty pathetic and would make schaefer look like a fool for saying this event could break the ppv record.

Comment

He's fighting Mayweather.

Guerrero isn't fighting Mayweather. No one with any merit has said that. Just another ridiculous rumor.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
              He's fighting Mayweather.

Guerrero isn't fighting Mayweather. No one with any merit has said that. Just another ridiculous rumor.
              I doubt that schaefer basically said that may and canelo will be on the same card that fight will happen in september in the mean time who will canelo fight on may 4th?

Comment

There are quality fighters about, but nowhere near enough household names available to put on one card to break the PPV record.

I think Schaefer's mindset is that if he says it enough, people might actually think it's going to happen, therefore buying it in the fear that they'll end up feeling left out of the experience if they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiaoifyable View Post
                  There are quality fighters about, but nowhere near enough household names available to put on one card to break the PPV record.

I think Schaefer's mindset is that if he says it enough, people might actually think it's going to happen, therefore buying it in the fear that they'll end up feeling left out of the experience if they don't.
                  i feel you bro.

Comment

it wont be Mayweather. Thats for sure!

Comment

Working...
                    X