Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trust you, Rich.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
      Don't think Matthews has much of a chance in this one.
      Larry Merchant don't know boxing!

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
        Larry Merchant don't know boxing!
        i dont think anyone gave him much of a chance.

Cracking fight. Dumb stoppage, Mathews was hurt as well as Crolla. I wanted to see if Crolla could pull a win out of the hat

Comment

the crolla - mathews fight is certainly a big domestic upset , i had the fight 47-47 at time of stoppage and the fight i think was stopped far too early as there were only seconds left in the round.

Comment

Mmmmm, I think that Joe Gallagher needs to sort out his gym IMO its becoming a bit of a joke in there, Before he was producing winners now all that seems to be happening is there is a lot of losers coming out of that camp...There is no way that I would put a fighter in there to train for a fight at the moment..Sorry if this upsets some people but look at he current history over the last year and a bit..They talk of good sparing and all being good mates...I don't think this is the case at all, if you are sparing someone basic then how do you raise your game? And as for friends they will not be in the ropes on fight night...the mental prep is totally wrong to much patting on the back
            Last edited by typeone; 04-22-2012, 03:43 AM.

Comment

I dont think its to do with them all being mates which makes there preperation suffer i think its down to them all being the same fighters with the same tactics,little head movement coming forward in straight lines and no plan b.
              Crolla got put down and instead of holding spoling and trying to clear his head he went straight back into the line of fire shipping some heavy shots. I think the stoppage was bad and id pick Crolla to win a rematch however i dont think Matthews will be interested in that i think he may be looking at the Rees fight for the European title.Crolla imo should move back down to super-feather and chase a fight with buckland.

Comment

didnt expect that to happen damn

Comment

[QUOTE=Telboy1990;12029929]I dont think its to do with them all being mates which makes there preperation suffer i think its down to them all being the same fighters with the same tactics,little head movement coming forward in straight lines and no plan b.
                  Crolla got put down and instead of holding spoling and trying to clear his head he went straight back into the line of fire shipping some heavy shots. I think the stoppage was bad and id pick Crolla to win a rematch however i dont think Matthews will be interested in that i think he may be looking at the Rees fight for the European title.Crolla imo should move back down to super-feather and chase a fight with buckland.[/QUOTE

It has a lot with them all being mates close buddies, same sparing, same style, And all talking BS..As for trainer it's part of your job to see floors in your fighting style and close this down..But as a trainer lately he is blinded and is in turn not doing his job correctly, Like you have pointed out, and the same as the comintators last night, No head movement taking to much on the way in also rushing the fight..Spoiling also these are things you are taught in the gym and sadly all these things were forgotten I mean no head movement very very basic stuff to teach a young fighter at the beginning of his career! Crolla even come to the ring like it was a party! What they were all doing in the ring to start with I'll never no.. Maybe the fight should have gone on, and maybe Crolla could have done something in the next round then again maybe Dirty put another heavy shot on Crolla in which ended his career! To many maybes in my book Dirty was the winner and was wining, that's that.. Joe needs to sort that gym out and not let it get run by the Smith brothers who to have fallen far from there true potential. This is IMO doesn't make me right But I have been watching that gym and what's been coming out of it and I ain't I impressed to be honest...

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
                    i dont think anyone gave him much of a chance.

Cracking fight. Dumb stoppage, Mathews was hurt as well as Crolla. I wanted to see if Crolla could pull a win out of the hat
                    great fight spoilt by the ref

Crolla was stepping away with his gaurd up, how can it possibly be a stoppage

The fight could have gone either way... both fighters have been robbed by the stoppage. Crolla was in a fine state to continue with a few seconds left in the round and Matthews has had question put over his vctory through no fault of his own

A must have retmatch this one

Comment

Originally posted by ding-ding View Post
                      great fight spoilt by the ref

Crolla was stepping away with his gaurd up, how can it possibly be a stoppage

The fight could have gone either way... both fighters have been robbed by the stoppage. Crolla was in a fine state to continue with a few seconds left in the round and Matthews has had question put over his vctory through no fault of his own

A must have retmatch this one
                      agree with all of that, especially the rematch part.

The ref was a bit squeemish. As soon as he saw that cut he wanted to stop it. If he had of jumped between them as Mathews was landing some bombs it would've been a bit more justified (but i probably still would've complained). He couldnt have picked a worse time to stop it.

Comment

Working...
                      X