Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many fighters has NSAC caught "BEFORE" the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    So what's your solution to the problem?

If you're going to let a PED fighter fight regardless, why even test him in the first place?
    my solution would be to quit crying and enjoy the fight. let the athletic commission go their jobs.

u don't like it. become a commissioner .

Comment

Whose "they"?

Mayweather, WADA, who?
      Everybody involved in the event. Lets say Cotto get busted. Of course WADA would know, I would also assume they will the Floyd and Golden Boy. More than likely the show would go on. They(everybody involved) will keep quiet until after the fact.

Now Mosley-Canelo with VADA, NOT WADA. But, VADA if one of them gets busted before hand. That might come out and it would canceled or a replacement maybe found. But, for a fight like Floyd-Cotto? Nothing will happen until after the fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
        my solution would be to quit crying and enjoy the fight. let the athletic commission go their jobs.

u don't like it. become a commissioner .
        Ok, will do. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
          Everybody involved in the event. Lets say Cotto get busted. Of course WADA would know, I would also assume they will the Floyd and Golden Boy. More than likely the show would go on. They(everybody involved) will keep quiet until after the fact.

Now Mosley-Canelo with VADA, NOT WADA. But, VADA if one of them gets busted before hand. That might come out and it would canceled or a replacement maybe found. But, for a fight like Floyd-Cotto? Nothing will happen until after the fact.
          That would be a major conspiracy; I wouldn't put money on it happening.

You always run the risk of having whisleblowers as well. It's just entirely too much to risk.

If my opponent was found guilty of PED's and the fight had to be cancelled, I would just sue my opponent and his team for the money lost.

Comment

That would be a major conspiracy; I wouldn't put money on it happening.

You always run the risk of having whisleblowers as well. It's just entirely too much to risk.

If my opponent was found guilty of PED's and the fight had to be cancelled, I would just sue my opponent and his team for the money lost.
            I don't think Cotto has 50 million. That is how much Floyd would lose at the very least. Plus Floyd isn't you.

Not that much of a risk at all. The fight will still go they won't cancel right now. Too much money spent and too much money to be made.

More than likely what could and would happen is that Cotto would have to pay Floyd half of the purse. If not most. But, the fight will go on.

Comment

I don't think Cotto has 50 million. That is how much Floyd would lose at the very least. Plus Floyd isn't you.

Not that much of a risk at all. The fight will still go they won't cancel right now. Too much money spent and too much money to be made.

More than likely what could and would happen is that Cotto would have to pay Floyd half of the purse. If not most. But, the fight will go on.
              So what do you think happens if Cotto wins?

No Contest?

Comment

So what do you think happens if Cotto wins?

No Contest?
                If by some miracle he wins. Yea NC, I would assume.

For the record. Cotto can juice up all he wants IMO. He still isn't beating Floyd. He can take HGH, EPO, whatever is out there. It won't help him against Floyd.

Comment

If by some miracle he wins. Yea NC, I would assume.

For the record. Cotto can juice up all he wants IMO. He still isn't beating Floyd. He can take HGH, EPO, whatever is out there. It won't help him against Floyd.
                  I agree, Cotto won't win.

But here's my thing. There's gotta be a better system than "Oh, let's let this roided up pro fighter fight, than tax him with a no contest after the fight".

If that's the case, why even test less than a month til the fight, if you know the results of the test won't matter anyway?

If I was a pro fighter, fighting the toughest fight of my life, I would juice up. I mean let's face it; what's the worse that can happen to me? A No Contest? And that's "IF" I even get caught.

I would think, in the year 2012, we would have a better system than that.

Comment

Another one bites the dust.

Good job commission.

Comment

Working...
                    X