Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd ain't for Legacy only for money and easy, winnable fights.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now the truth has finally been confirmed by Floyd Mayweather himself: He’s afraid of getting pounded on like a punching bag by Manny Pacquiao.

Mayweather admitted this to Bob Costas about why he doesn’t want to fight Pacquiao.
    “I am in the game to win, not just inside the ring, but outside the ring,” stated Mayweather. “My health is more important than anything.”

Costa countered: “Are you implying there is something to fear in Manny Pacquiao?”

Floyd: “I don’t fear no one. If you’re insinuating that I’m a scared fighter, why would you want to watch a scared fighter?”

Floyd also said: “One shot can end your whole career. Boxing is a very deadly sport. I come first. Self preservation. I gotta worry about my family. If the fight don’t happen, so be it.”

There you go: “Self preservation.” So the reasons Mayweather gave us for two years of ducking and dodging Pacquiao – drug tests, fake retirements, Manny has to leave Arum and be his own boss, no 50-50 split, he doesn’t need Manny, it’s all Bob Arum’s fault, etc. – were indeed mere smokescreens, bluffs and lies. Cleverly but dishonestly used to cover up the real secret truth – Mayweather fears for his health because he knows Pacquiao would simply beat the hell out of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
      Oh yeah you are right, no wonder they are calling it The super fight that must be made. The must see super fight that will break all ppv records, The reason they think so is because people think it's irrelevant and it's no big deal that this 2 ever meet. No wonder they are calling it the fight that will break all records. Hmm.. makes sense. They are the 2 best fighter p4p in the same division, happens rarely, and they don't meet. Yup irrelevant. Not an important fight that's why there are so much money being predicted to be made in this fight. You make so much sense. Good job!
      They can call it whatever they like, but what it actually is now is the fight that should have happened before JMM took the anticipation out of it by showing that he can easily outbox Pacquiao.

Sure it would break records. Bradley could beat Pacquiao and a Floyd/Pacquiao fight would STILL do fantastic numbers.

You peasants rely way too much on what people said and not enough on what boxers do. All the talk in the world won't make Pacquiao more than he is legacy-wise. They could give Manny Pacquiao an award for being "God of Boxing" and he still wouldn't be more than a tough and tenacious pug that never faced the best ... while they were STILL the best.

Face it, tard .. JMM has done more damage in defeat than any of you could have ever imagined. The odds will reflect that. No one thinks that Manny has a snowball's chance in hell against Floyd Mayweather. JMM is a less refined, less gifted version of Mayweather. He's a slower, smaller, weaker, less skilled and less intelligent fighter.

If people are still saying that the fight MUST happen, it is only because of years of build up and people want closure. Few believe that Manny is a match for JMM let alone Floyd Mayweather.

Don't confuse a desire for closure for Manny Pacquiao still being seen as a force against the best. The last time Manny fought a #1 was JMM. Before that the last time Manny fought a #1 was guess who? JMM in 2008! Everyone in between was ranked 4th or worse.

So close your eyes, begin clicking your heels together and saying "Manny is the one thing standing between Floyd and greatness". That won't ever be the case, but the promotion sure does have you hypnotized into believing that bull****.

Good luck with that.
      Last edited by Brother Jay; 03-05-2012, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• OK? He told you he was "IN THE CHECK CASHING BUSINESS" so WTF is the problem? We know he fights for Money he tells you that every time he is on HBO 24/7

SO? People want him to care about Legacy Now? Legacy don't pay bills when your old and retired and can't fight anymore, so I can't tell Mayweather what he should or shouldn't do because I am not the one taking punches to the face for a living
        Last edited by sicko; 03-05-2012, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• I typed in "Four Horseman" into Google and this was the first thing that came up;

'Mayweather, Hatton, Castillo, Tony Pep.'

Castillo and Pep didn't fight each other but what does that matter?

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I typed in "Four Horseman" into Google and this was the first thing that came up;

'Mayweather, Hatton, Castillo, Tony Pep.'

Castillo and Pep didn't fight each other but what does that matter?
            hahaha, case in point delusional fanboys. Sorry bud your boy has no round robbins with the best in his era. The horses he has are for a beauty contest some where in a Vegas ranch hehe!

lol you fanboys are so desperate hehe!.. Face it your boy ain't for legacy and defining fights, He is for easy pay checks,
            Last edited by Spoon23; 03-05-2012, 11:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
              OK? He told you he was "IN THE CHECK CASHING BUSINESS" so WTF is the problem? We know he fights for Money he tells you that every time he is on HBO 24/7

SO? People want him to care about Legacy Now? Legacy don't pay bills when your old and retired and can't fight anymore, so I can't tell Mayweather what he should or shouldn't do because I am not the one taking punches to the face for a living
              Yup as you said Floyd fights for money. And pac vs Floyd is the biggest pay check he can ever have in his boxing careers and he doesn't want that he calls himself money may lol.. That should alarm you right there.. He ain't for hard battles. He knows Pac is going to give him the run for his money.

The other big difference,

when you call yourself the greatest you should walk the walk and fight the best. Challenging yourself to prove you are the best. That is the big difference. If you bark about you are the greatest then you should act like one. And prove it. Fight the other best. the next best until people will harp you are truly the greatest.

"ali gave the fans what they wanted and look what happened, he fought the fights the fans wanted, and look what happened, uhh uhh not for me, i dont wanna get beat up, so i'll continue to avoid anyone legit and fight has-beens"

-money may

Ali, Robinson challenged themselves to earn that title.. They walked the walk. They dared to be great.

And that is the big difference.

Some are just prize and some want to be called the greatest prize fighter. Floyd calls himself the greatest. You should walk the walk.
              Last edited by Spoon23; 03-05-2012, 11:48 PM.

Comment

First of all ask yourself, where is Floyd's legacy if he doesn't fight Pac?

When was the last time in his career he fought a p4p ranked fighter during the time of fighting his opponent without handicapping them?

Mosley
                Jmm
                Hatton
                Those 3 can't be considered, the 2 (JMM, HAtton) are not in his weight class when they fought him hence the handicapping, and Mosely he waited to get old before fighting him. Grandpa Mosely was too old to be competitive in that fight.

Who can he be proud to say he beat a really tough guy during that time of fighting him? When?

Lastly, the greats like Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Haggler, Roberto Duran, Hitman Hearns all fought each other to prove who is the best in the ring. Round robin. THEY WERE CALLED THE 4 HORSEMEN. (FLOYD SADLY HAS NONE TO SAY HE DID IT WITH)

While in Pac's career he had what these Greats had. He was included in the 4 HORSEMEN OF TODAY

These are the fight Pac fought Barrera 2x, Morales fought 3x, Marquez 3x Round robin they fought. These fighters when pac fought were in the p4p list at the time he fought them

Pac has proven going up in his career he challenged the best there is. And now after beating the best the welterweight division has to offer there is only one person left and that is Floyd.

That said,

Floyd has said he doesn't fight for history means he ain't for legacy, he fights for money.

Self preservation must come first. He doesn't care about his fans or the haters he cares about his family he has to feed. He has to be careful who he fights.

Floyd Mayweather, Jr. - "I'm in the game to win; not just inside the ring, but outside the ring, and my health is more important than anything."

Bob Costas - "When you say 'your health', if the deal can be made financially, are you implying you have something to fear from Pacquiao."

Quote: "Floyd mayweather fights for Floyd mayweather... Look at the Ali situation, if Ali could take it back.. He shouldn't have taken the fights the fans pushed him to (the ones he lost). Floyd Mayweather won't be pushed into fights he doesn't want ... Without Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather is fine."

The debate is over, floyd himself admits it. So clear.. Now we don't have to guess how Floyd thinks. It's about self preservation. He will only fight boxers he can surely win and obvious threats like Pac (the best fighter to fight) he should stay away from After all as Floyd said this is a deadly sport. self preservation is his priority doesn't have the care in the world for the glory of it the sport. How can a fan like that in a fighter??

Self preservation, family comes first.. Being great fuvk it.. But He keeps on telling himself he is the greatest lol.. Nowhere near Ali. He ain't for legacy. No super bowl glory, no nba championship game winning shot. Just coasting to make easy winnable fights to rip of boxing fans who are gullible. Legit threats ain't in Floyd's agenda. Sad but true.. After all, It came out of the horse's mouth.

IF YOU WANT TO HAVE THAT MANTLE OF GREATNESS AT LEAST YOU HAVE TO ACT LIKE IT. WALK THE WALK, NOT ALL BARK AND NO BITE. THAT IS THE OTHER BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ALI AND FLOYD. ALI PUT HIS LIFE ON THE LINE AND PROVES HE FIGHTS THE BEST OUT THERE.

BOXING IS A DEADLY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET HURT GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN. simple really.

Don't tell everyone you are the greatest then cherry picks fights, dodges legit opponents, picks on easy low risk fights. That is not how it works. Either you are for self preservation and calculated risk or you are in it for the glory and greatness and risk everything in the ring. Daring to be great is a mark of no fear. That is what great is all about.

If it was Ali who had to fight Pac, this fight has been made along time ago. Ali barks and barks and makes noise but he backs up what he says and fight the guy people want to see him fight. Ali walks the walk, unfortunately, Floyd just barks and makes noise and doesn't back-up what he says. he is like a noisy tin can without substance. That is not how to be the greatest Floyd.

So if you feel that way and don`t like it don`t watch his fights nobody is putting a gun to your head and telling you to watch his fights.People keep comparing Floyd to all time great black fighters but they don`t compare Pacquiao to great Filipino fighters.I`m sure none of the great Filipino fighters weight drain their opponents or took roids.

Floyd has been calling Mosley out ever since Mosley was in his prime,Its not Floyd fault Mosley turned him down and chose to fight him when he got old,and this old Molsey was turned down by pacquiao when Mosley called him out right after Mosley destroyed Margarito.

After Floyd beat Mosley and Mosley fought to a draw with Sergio Mora,Pac sensed that Mosley was done so then he decides to fight him.

And you can`t be taken serious cause your post has bias written all over it.

You did`nt mention the top fighters Floyd beat like Diego Corrales, Genero Hernandez,Jose Luis Castillo,A prime undefeated Ricky hatton,Sharmba Mitchell Victor Ortiz who pac ducked in favor of a washed up Mosley, and fought other top fighters Floyd with no roids or catchweights included.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
                  So if you feel that way and don`t like it don`t watch his fights nobody is putting a gun to your head and telling you to watch his fights.People keep comparing Floyd to all time great black fighters but they don`t compare Pacquiao to great Filipino fighters.I`m sure none of the great Filipino fighters weight drain their opponents or took roids.

Floyd has been calling Mosley out ever since Mosley was in his prime,Its not Floyd fault Mosley turned him down and chose to fight him when he got old,and this old Molsey was turned down by pacquiao when Mosley called him out right after Mosley destroyed Margarito.

After Floyd beat Mosley and Mosley fought to a draw with Sergio Mora,Pac sensed that Mosley was done so then he decides to fight him.

And you can`t be taken serious cause your post has bias written all over it.

You did`nt mention the top fighters Floyd beat like Diego Corrales, Genero Hernandez,Jose Luis Castillo,A prime undefeated Ricky hatton,Sharmba Mitchell Victor Ortiz who pac ducked in favor of a washed up Mosley, and fought other top fighters Floyd with no roids or catchweights included.
                  I won't pay for it, but I do appreciate his skill. I'm nt paying him a centavo until he fights Sergio or Pac. IF he fights a legit threat that's when I am willing to pay him. He always says in public highway robbery baby! He ain't stealing from me. Easy winnable fights are for entertainment. I watch to see the best fight the best.

Sadly, because he can get away making money form easy calculated fights, he ain't going to challenge himself of fear of dying or having Parkinsons. In my humble opinion he is just a waste of talent. He could have done more to improve his resume'..

He shouldn't be calling himself the greatest if he can't walk the walk.. He can't even fight a one dimensional midget for all the dollar signs he can have. The biggest pay check he can get in his career. He ain't challenging himself.. Sorry to bust your bubble, until he fights the real threats, I'm not paying to see his fights. a lot of us disappointed fans won't.
                  Last edited by Spoon23; 03-06-2012, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    yah fair point.

I think you do Cotto a disservice, he's a better boxer than given credit for by some. Looking forward to the fight.
                    I do give him Cotto props. I know he used to be a great fighter, compared before and now he is 60% of his usual self. His dexterity , athleticism and speed ain't there anymore. To win over Floyd you have to have speed, fast reflexes and the brute to push him. Right now Cotto only has his roughness to push Floyd, I don't see it to be enough to disrupt Floyd's rythm. Floyd will pick him apart.

I give Cotto my out most respect coz he has fought all comers. never gave up on a fight. A reall warrior, unlike some who ducks legit threats..

The Cotto of old is who I remember this version of Cotto is the worn out jalopy who has a few left in the engine. Chances are slim, but I'm routing for him. Even Dana white who is a boxing fan can't see Cotto winning coz he is too slow for Floyd.

I'm not paying for this fight though. Ain't worth my money. But definitely paying to watch Pac vs Bradley that's a competitive fight to watch.
                    Last edited by Spoon23; 03-07-2012, 10:21 AM.

Comment

I do give him Cotto props. I know he used to be a great fighter, compared before and now he is 60% of his usual self. His dexterity , athleticism and speed ain't there anymore. To win over Floyd you have to have speed, fast reflexes and the brute to push him. Right now Cotto only has his roughness to push Floyd, I don't see it to be enough to disrupt Floyd's rythm. Floyd will pick him apart.

I give Cotto my out most respect coz he has fought all comers. never gave up on a fight. A reall warrior, unlike some who ducks legit threats..

The Cotto of old is who I remember this version of Cotto is the worn out jalopy who has a few left in the engine. Chances are slim, but I'm routing for him. Even Dana white who is a boxing fan can't see Cotto winning coz he is too slow for Floyd.

I'm not paying for this fight though. Ain't worth my money. But definitely paying to watch Pac vs Bradley that's a competitive fight to watch.
                      The old Cotto would not have beaten a prime Mayweather imo.

However, I think this version of Cotto has a real chance against this version of Mayweather. Floyd is no longer at his best. As Freddie Roach says, he lost his legs, and like RJJ before him mobility was a huge part of his armoury. I'm not saying there is going to be an upset, just that it won't surprise me if there is.

Comment

Working...
                      X