Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Margaritto ever an Elite level fighter???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSB is 70% Manny fans. Anybody Manny fights is an ATG and elite fights in their eyes.

Some idiot tried to tell me the other day that Ortiz was a disgrace and that if Floyd wants to prove himself he needs to fight "Cotto, Clottey, and Margarito."

WHAT? Those dudes aren't even relevant to the sport anymore, and they haven't been for some time. Cotto is the only one who is but he's an in house Top Rank fighter and he's probably going to be fighting at 160.

He is not elite and if people on this forum are claiming that he is, it's for the reason's I've listed above. If Pacquiao were fighting Ortiz, he'd be every bit of what his credentials say (#2 ww, young, strong, a Champion, coming off a great win). It's just the way of the tard.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
      NSB is 70% Manny fans. Anybody Manny fights is an ATG and elite fights in their eyes.

Some idiot tried to tell me the other day that Ortiz was a disgrace and that if Floyd wants to prove himself he needs to fight "Cotto, Clottey, and Margarito."

WHAT? Those dudes aren't even relevant to the sport anymore, and they haven't been for some time. Cotto is the only one who is but he's an in house Top Rank fighter and he's probably going to be fighting at 160.

He is not elite and if people on this forum are claiming that he is, it's for the reason's I've listed above. If Pacquiao were fighting Ortiz, he'd be every bit of what his credentials say (#2 ww, young, strong, a Champion, coming off a great win). It's just the way of the tard.
      Well I wasn't really trying to make it a floyd/pac thing.
      I just think that Cheatto is vastly overrated by some. He accomplished nothing in my eyes. His biggest accomplishment is going 12 rounds with pac. That's sad.

Comment

Margarito was a good fighter.

He beat Clottey, Sergio Martinez, Cotto, Six Heads Lewis, Kermit Cintron a couple of times, defended the WBO title a bunch of times, and was high up their in the rankings of ring magazine for years in the round robin welterweight division(Spinks, Baldomir, etc).

He had a pretty good fight with PWill, lost to Pac and Mosley *but most do.

He's mostly past it now, but he was definitely in the conversation for most of the 2000s.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
          Well I wasn't really trying to make it a floyd/pac thing.
          I just think that Cheatto is vastly overrated by some. He accomplished nothing in my eyes. His biggest accomplishment is going 12 rounds with pac. That's sad.
          But it is a Pac thing. That is the answer. The answer is Pacquiao fought him so he was an elite fighter because that's what Bob Arum packaged, and they bought it.

There is no way to explain to you why Margarito is touted as "elite" on this forum other than Pacquiao fought him.

Comment

Ill say his chin and stamina were incredible. Everything esle was really bad. But with what he had chin and stamina he put it to good use, so can't knock on him for that? Good scumbag of a fighter , elite no.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
              I don't think so but obviously some in NSB think so. I just want to know why? Besides beating Cotto he ain't did **** in my opinion.
              How about being a top WW for around a decade and Mayweather duckedD?

Comment

Never elite, but big enough, tough enough, and active enough to give any welterweight in his era a fight, if he doesn't outright beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post

Cotto/Margarito>>>>>>Ortiz

Comment

Miguel Cotto
                    Joshua Clottey
                    Kermit Cintron twice
                    Sergio Martinez (Green)
                    Almost beat Paul Williams

I dont think he was ever elite but he did fight stiff competition and alot of the time won.

Comment

hes semi elite...........kinda like dela hoya....................

Comment

Working...
                      X