No announcement yet.

What No One Is Saying About Saturday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
    If they fight again, it should be with them standing face to face, handcuffed to each other by the left hands, and punching each other in the nuts with the right, until one goes down.
    Again, show me something (not the very last punch that didn't matter anyway) that was below the beltline that Weeks said was legal pre-fight.

You can't because there isn't one.

Comment

Eventually, the chatter will die down and people will get on with their lives. Right now, you've got a core group of people desperately hanging on to anything and everything to try and discredit Ward's victories. It's easier to be bitter, than it is to grow up and say the better man won.

Best thing anyone can do is ignore the bull**** and let it disappear. Remember when the Tyson Fury bandwagon was overcrowded, and sympathy and support for him was littered all over NSB? Those scrubs got bored and moved onto the next hot topic. The same will happen here.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
        What no one is saying is that If the ref did his job kovalev would have one the rd 10-8 and be given a 5 minute break to recover.
        I think Ward was warned once for going a bit low (on a punch that actually wasn't low). Almost everything was legal and on the beltline.

Get over it.

Comment

Kovalev didn't protect himself twice, and both times Ward stopped.

Once when he turned his back around fully, and the next time when he stopped punching before Weeks stepped in.

A more opportunistic fighter like let's say Mayweather, would've gone for a quick strike right there whil Kovalev was complaining like he did to Gatti and Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Kovalev didn't protect himself twice, and both times Ward stopped.

Once when he turned his back around fully, and the next time when he stopped punching before Weeks stepped in.

A more opportunistic fighter like let's say Mayweather, would've gone for a quick strike right there whil Kovalev was complaining like he did to Gatti and Ortiz.
            Good observation.

For a "dirty" fighter, Ward sure is kind of a sportsman doe...

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
              I think that until Kova learns to either negate Ward inside or fight back hard enough so its a war of attrition (ie takes something out of Ward the way Ward takes it out of him) he will always lose to Ward.

But, against Adonis, Kova's style is still plenty lethal enough.
              And, if he gets to the young guys (Beiterbiev, Bivol) sooner rather than later, he beats them too.
              ward's inside fighting is a whole other convo. i'm a james toney kinda guy and i think ward's inside skills leave alot to be desired.

i know dirty when i see it because i fight the same way. you wanna see an inside fight...corrales vs castillo. or fenech vs nelson. ehhh, watch any azumah nelson fight haha. most of them were good. regardless of in-fighting.

actually hopkins vs glen johnson, hop did some nice clean inside work and punished the body.

ward is great at what he does but i dont consider him a great inside fighter. he gets in there with the head, hence the kovalev headlocks.

great sport though, yeah? so many dynamics to it and totally subjective to what you like. it can be broken down in so many ways.

for example..when i watched degale vs dirrell in person, there was this insane bodyshot that degale landed and you couldnt even hear it on tv. but in the arena, it was like OOOOMPH and everyone got into it.

good fight this weekend, both guys got down and dirty and i wish there was a more conclusive ending, but whatever. we're only halfway through the year and there have been some pretty good fights. kov-ward 2 being one of them. that first half was like damn. so many skillful and subtle things going on

Comment

I think Ward was warned once for going a bit low (on a punch that actually wasn't low). Almost everything was legal and on the beltline.

Get over it.
                I just showed you the last punch that stopped the fight and you admitted it was a low blow. Banned from the thread for being a dumb troll.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
                  I just showed you the last punch that stopped the fight and you admitted it was a low blow. Banned from the thread for being a dumb troll.
                  You're the idiot trying to prove legal punches were fouls.

And, you have to be drinking if you think I take you seriously as far as any of this.

You do realize you are attempting to ban me from my own thread, right?

Chucklehead...

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
                    ward's inside fighting is a whole other convo. i'm a james toney kinda guy and i think ward's inside skills leave alot to be desired.

i know dirty when i see it because i fight the same way. you wanna see an inside fight...corrales vs castillo. or fenech vs nelson. ehhh, watch any azumah nelson fight haha. most of them were good. regardless of in-fighting.

actually hopkins vs glen johnson, hop did some nice clean inside work and punished the body.

ward is great at what he does but i dont consider him a great inside fighter. he gets in there with the head, hence the kovalev headlocks.

great sport though, yeah? so many dynamics to it and totally subjective to what you like. it can be broken down in so many ways.

for example..when i watched degale vs dirrell in person, there was this insane bodyshot that degale landed and you couldnt even hear it on tv. but in the arena, it was like OOOOMPH and everyone got into it.

good fight this weekend, both guys got down and dirty and i wish there was a more conclusive ending, but whatever. we're only halfway through the year and there have been some pretty good fights. kov-ward 2 being one of them. that first half was like damn. so many skillful and subtle things going on
                    We disagree about the inside game.

It isn't classically pretty like that of others, but it is damned effective and all science, and I like that.

I don't think Ward is a dirty fighter per se. But, I also don't think he is above using certain tactics in a fight to get in the head of his opponent.

Comment

We disagree about the inside game.

It isn't classically pretty like that of others, but it is damned effective and all science, and I like that.

I don't think Ward is a dirty fighter per se. But, I also don't think he is above using certain tactics in a fight to get in the head of his opponent.
                      we'll agree to disagree. it is pretty effective though and it gets the job done. i dont approve, but it is a fight and there's no nice guys when it comes to war.

Comment

Working...
                      X