Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward is the best fighter over 160 easily

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he is the most skilled but given his inactivity,I would put Stevenson and Kov ahead of him right now.

Comment

i'd pick kovalev to beat him. his resume is good but he's never faced a monster like that

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        Ward's best win over the last two years is Paul Smith, who Groves and DeGale stopped in a earlier round. Smith was coming off two losses.

Without his illegal tactics, like deliberate head butts and clamping his opponents' arms, Ward would be a mediocre fighter.
        If you think Ward only has illegal tactics, then you do not possess a great understanding on the craft of boxing. His skills are definitely top echelon and unique. He has the ability to control pace and his opponents. He made every single person he fought look like nothing but amateurs. The only other guy that can do that is the p4p best Floyd Mayweather and Andre Ward before being taken off was considered top 1 or 2. No one is on his level based on skills and iq unless you say Mayweather and he may even be much better than Mayweather.

Comment

Kovalev beats Ward, maybe Pascal also. Ward has no power at all. He has nothing to keep Kovalev off of him. Pascal is athletic and awkward enough to give Ward a lot of problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Brickyardigan View Post
            If you think Ward only has illegal tactics, then you do not possess a great understanding on the craft of boxing. His skills are definitely top echelon and unique. He has the ability to control pace and his opponents. He made every single person he fought look like nothing but amateurs. The only other guy that can do that is the p4p best Floyd Mayweather and Andre Ward before being taken off was considered top 1 or 2. No one is on his level based on skills and iq unless you say Mayweather and he may even be much better than Mayweather.
            Freedom is not a boxing fan, he's an east european boxers fan.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
              Kovalev beats Ward, maybe Pascal also. Ward has no power at all. He has nothing to keep Kovalev off of him. Pascal is athletic and awkward enough to give Ward a lot of problems.
              Kovalev has a great chance to beat Ward, but Pascal forget it. And Ward is like Mayweather in the sense that everybody says he has no power, but the thing is his power is really good and good enough to keeps his opponents off him, it's just that he doesnt commit to them 100% to keep his balance and control.

Comment

He gets the talent and skill from his Irish father.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  The man has a high boxing IQ,hand speed and is accurate as all get out. The guy will not lose anytime soon. I think Stevenson and Kovalev need to unify soon and Ward will move up and fight the Lineal/undisputed chmapion
                  I often agree with you and on this it's no different. Ward is the best 160 and up, period. Will it last though? I don't believe so.

Kovalev seems to be the real deal. He can take one hell of a punch. He is extremely effective offensively and seems to be growing defensively. His power is undeniable and his determination is way up there.

Unfortunately for Kovalev I don't see a long future outside of Light Heavyweight Divison. He won't be able to compete a cruiser weight, he may and may be successful for some time but I don't see domination. Saying that I wouldn't see Ward moving up with ease... Personally the fight to be made next year has to be Ward vs Kovalev and I would like it to be meet half way instead of pushing for another to move up or down a Divison.

Comment

Andre Ward is the best boxer in the world.

Comment

I don't think you can say that considering that the guy he just stopped was Paul Smith and it took him nine rounds to do it. He hasn't fought a relevant opponent in years, you can't continue to rank him for what he did long ago, some fighters have done more than him while he was fighting legal battles.

Comment

Working...
                      X