Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hyperbaric Chambers, Yoga, Plyometrics, Isometrics, Organic Foods.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyperbaric Chambers, Yoga, Plyometrics, Isometrics, Organic Foods.....

how much do you think this helps?

it all looks pretty great, and these strength and conditioning programs clearly have merit.....

but I look at floyd and he still sticks to pretty old school things.... situps, pushups, pullups and running.... sure he does some weight lifting but none of this dynamic effort stuff we see the likes of marquez/ pacquiao do... does it really help all that much....

how good would floyd/ pacquiao be with the use of hyperbaric chambers?
    Yes
    81.25%
    No
    6.25%
    If Floyd did Plyometrics maybe he'd have a knock out once in a while
    12.50%
    Pacquiao wouldn't have got stopped if he was using a Hyperbaric Chamber
    0.00%

Caffeine is the most proven natty supplement. Other than that Idk....every little helps I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by KeepItObjective View Post
      Caffeine is the most proven natty supplement. Other than that Idk....every little helps I guess.
      science not greater than boxing fundamentals....

most these guys don't master the basics and bring in all these experts.... forgetting the skills of boxing are the key...

look at a danny garcia... he aint doin' any of that ****.

Comment

Originally posted by James_Toney View Post
        science not greater than boxing fundamentals....

most these guys don't master the basics and bring in all these experts.... forgetting the skills of boxing are the key...

look at a danny garcia... he aint doin' any of that ****.
        Yes. Go ahead and compare JMM and Danny lol.

Anyway, I think a lot is mental, but some of it better (?) designed for boxing so it's a different, possibly more efficient way of training for functional fighting strength. Also, in JMM's case,Pacs these guys have been in the game a LONG time and the change invigorates them I'm sure.

You also mentioned Floyd who's a monster gym rat. Dudes working day and night and when hes not he's getting alternative forms of rest through massages and lets not forget his hand strengthening therapist which is also uncommon (So Floyd actuall falls into the first Category).

Yes, you can just work hard and be in great shape, but maybe its possible through different work out plans to improve on something your genetics didnt help out on as much..

Comment

I doubt it helps much, just like a conditioning coach for a world class boxer. Your a world class boxer if you are doing all of the right things in the gym in your boxing training you should already be in top condition.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
            Yes. Go ahead and compare JMM and Danny lol.

Anyway, I think a lot is mental, but some of it better (?) designed for boxing so it's a different, possibly more efficient way of training for functional fighting strength. Also, in JMM's case,Pacs these guys have been in the game a LONG time and the change invigorates them I'm sure.

You also mentioned Floyd who's a monster gym rat. Dudes working day and night and when hes not he's getting alternative forms of rest through massages and lets not forget his hand strengthening therapist which is also uncommon (So Floyd actuall falls into the first Category).

Yes, you can just work hard and be in great shape, but maybe its possible through different work out plans to improve on something your genetics didnt help out on as much..

express that as a percentage....

10% increase in performance? u think JMM is 10% better now than when he fought floyd at 147... or is it 20%.... or greater?

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              I doubt it helps much, just like a conditioning coach for a world class boxer. Your a world class boxer if you are doing all of the right things in the gym in your boxing training you should already be in top condition.
              do you think plyometric, explosive training can make you hit harder? eg. marquez....

would some like floyd from such 'dynamic' training.... would've he ko'd canelo for instance?

Comment

do you think plyometric, explosive training can make you hit harder? eg. marquez....

would some like floyd from such 'dynamic' training.... would've he ko'd canelo for instance?
                Maybe it could add a marginal amount of power but while they are doing that they are not working on perfecting technique, at that level one mistake could be the end just like Pac leaping into a flush JMM right hand.

Comment

Organic foods are clean fuel for your body. It's what it was meant to run on, not on GMOs or pesticide-laden produce or packaged junk filled with preservative chemicals or meat with hormone and steroid residue.

Yoga improves flexibility, helps your body recover from tough workouts, and strengthens the small stabilizer muscles of your body.

Plyometrics improve the fast twitch muscles which makes you more explosive.

Isometric holds make you stronger but only in a limited range of motion. You have to do them in several different positions to get full benefit.

I've used all of the above at one time or another and they definitely do improve your physical performance. As for hyperbaric chambers I have no idea how effective they are, but Tim Bradley seemed sold on them and I know that Marquez has used them in the past as well.

Comment

express that as a percentage....

10% increase in performance? u think JMM is 10% better now than when he fought floyd at 147... or is it 20%.... or greater?
                    He's years older now so I don't think even he has an answer to it. He's probably stronger, but thats by default from putting on weight in muscle. I think he's in superb shape for a guy with that many miles on.

Comment

Working...
                    X