No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Luis Castillo is Still Undecided on His Future

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jose Luis Castillo is Still Undecided on His Future

Former two-division world champion Jose Luis Castillo (64-12-1, 55KOs) is still undecided on his future in the sport. At 39-years-old, Castillo's performances barely resemble the same boxer who came close to defeating Floyd Mayweather Jr. in 2002. Most experts believe Castillo has never looked the same after his incredible war with Diego Corrales in 2005.

Castillo has also been faced with financial struggles over the last few years, but insists that he doesn't fight for the money. On February 1 he lost a ten round decision to Antwone Smith in Chicago.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Still the best LW of the last 15 years.

Comment

had a hell of a career. we cant say he is to retire now when boxing is all hes known in his life

Comment

Before his last fight Castillo looked good and impressed me but then his last fight... His legs looked real unsteady and just didn't look the same. He should just retire.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Translation he's still broke.

He's been "fighting for money" since he fought Ricky Hatton for free (literally)

Comment

I hope he retires....

But whatever he does I wish him the best

Comment

He needs to retire. It's not a good look losing to Antoine Smith caliber opponents

Comment

Originally posted by marzblkman View Post
                Translation he's still broke.

He's been "fighting for money" since he fought Ricky Hatton for free (literally)
                Sad to see boxers who should have quit a long time ago but can't because of money problems.

Provodnikov Augustus was hard to watch.

Comment

he needs 2 retire...he was paid his worth as now he's just an ex-champ w/ a name...it wasn't he lost 2 Smith, far from a world class boxer,IMO, just above an opponent, it was how he lost, ;he showed nothing that indicates he has anything left 2 go on with...

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    Sad to see boxers who should have quit a long time ago but can't because of money problems.

Provodnikov Augustus was hard to watch.
                    Greed and I personally think he and Chico beat years out of each other. He looked great the 2nd fight but I think he's been flat ever since.

Comment

Working...
                    X