No announcement yet.

Khan's Oficial Statememt!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post
    When asked, about a month before he fought Kotelnik, who is the worst champion in boxing Khan said Kotelnik. Then surprise surprise he moved up especially to fight him, at the time Kotelnik was the weakest champion in the division. - Cherry Pick

Maidana had to chased Khan for about a year to get the fight, like really chase, even though he was a mandatory. He wrote to the WBA who FORCED Khan to fight. Khan didnt want any of Maidana! After the close fight, where Khan was knocked silly, he flat out refused a rematch, yet now he expects one from Garcia?..

Judah?? Haha, you count this as a legit win? Judah was way over the hill, hadn't been relevant for years and was proven to fold, just like he did against Khan. - Another Cherry Pick

Peterson beat him up for the last 6 rounds and won the fight.

Garcia Knocked him the fcuk out!

Anything else you'd like to discuss?
    everyone of them boxers are talented and pose a real threat

not sure why it's so hard to give khan his props, he fought some tough competition, its not his fault they were unable to take advantage of his weakness like garcia did.

i'll say this amir khan might not be elite level, but he's better than ****ty ricky hatton and highly overrated coke head joe calzaghe who fought major bums and waited until all the greats were way past their primes and still struggled to beat them

Comment

Khan has hinted already at maybe switching trainers. He didn't come right out and say that but he hinted pretty heavily at it. Somebody needs to get some good advice to him fast so that he doesn't pick somebody who can do nothing for him.

Comment

He didnt mention Roach in his statement,

Comment

yup that's right, anything can happen in boxing... especially when your technique sucks and have zero defense.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
            If Prescott did anything of note since whooping Khan, I think people would have a bigger point but he's done nothing.

I don't think people can complain too much about what he's said, doesn't look like he's going to make any rash decisions but he has to look for a new trainer now. That is a must.

Also the guy has to become more humble. He has to get it out of his head that he is one of the best P4P fighters in the world.
            Well said. Were he to try to make better use of his gifts and maintain a bit of this post-getting-his-@ss-kicked humility, I might start rooting for him in some of his fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post
              When asked, about a month before he fought Kotelnik, who is the worst champion in boxing Khan said Kotelnik. Then surprise surprise he moved up especially to fight him, at the time Kotelnik was the weakest champion in the division. - Cherry Pick

Maidana had to chased Khan for about a year to get the fight, like really chase, even though he was a mandatory. He wrote to the WBA who FORCED Khan to fight. Khan didnt want any of Maidana! After the close fight, where Khan was knocked silly, he flat out refused a rematch, yet now he expects one from Garcia?..

Judah?? Haha, you count this as a legit win? Judah was way over the hill, hadn't been relevant for years and was proven to fold, just like he did against Khan. - Another Cherry Pick

Peterson beat him up for the last 6 rounds and won the fight.

Garcia Knocked him the fcuk out!

Anything else you'd like to discuss?
              Doesn't matter if Khan thought Kotelnik was a weak opponent or not. The fact is Kotelnik was and is a top 140 pounder and was robbed against Alexander. It was a very good win.

You ignore the fact that Khan was going to fight Marquez instead of Maidana until he ruled himself out. Khan fought Maidana (his kryptonite) and beat him in a war. Great win.

Judah was a world champion coming off wins over Matthysse and Mabuza - both good wins. Granted I thought Judah lost against Mattysse, but it was a close fight. Funny how Judah was only old and shot after Khan busted him up.

Regarding Peterson, Khan won in spirit simple as. It was only close because of the terrible deductions and Peterson was on PED's anyway.

Garcia was getting battered for two rounds, but credit to him he exposed Khan's reckless style and non-existent defence. But these are area's he can and will work on.

I think you should stop hating and just enjoy the boxing. Being a detractor is a very unlikeable trait. I don't care if Khan gets knocked out for the rest of his career, he's good for boxing. That's all I care about! I've not got the time to waste hating fighters who are doing something they love win, lose, or draw.

Comment

i dont understand how Khan can be both cherry picking and struggling with his opponents? Surely if he's winning some and losing some it means hes fighting at just the right level?

Comment

Working...
                X